" 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 " - 𝒌𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒐 𝒙 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒖

Author's POV

Shindou never thought he was the jealous type , well , not until he saw Kariya with his best friend walking home .

He thought Kirino hated him but apparently they were having fun . They were laughing and acting too friendly , and he couldn't understand why . Now that he was thinking ... It wasn't the first time he saw them that way . It all started after they won the match against Dragon Link .

They would talk more to each other and train together . And at the same time , Kirino would spend less time with Shindou which made him quite stressed .
Kirino has always been by his side , no matter what and now his absence felt strange and abnormal . Kirino's presence always calmed him down and this is why Shindou was able to make great choices when it came to guiding the team .
He hissed while trying to get closer to them , without letting Kirino and Kariya notice his presence . They were walking to the Steel Tower , a place he had only heard of .

" What are those two doing here ? "

But then it hit him . They were having a date .
What else could have been? The Steel Tower wasn't a place with many people and given the fact that they were almost always together ...
He felt hurt , but above all , he felt angry . Mad . Upset . He couldn't believe his best friend would keep something like this from him .
He " didn't wanted to ruin their date " so he decided to go home and confront Kirino the next day .

It was 16:00 when they finished their practice , a little earlier than usually but apparently Endou Mamoru had other things to do that day and also wanted them to rest .
As he was changing his clothes he looked around the room , trying to find Kirino , but surprise , surprise he wasn't here , and neither was Kariya . He changed his clothes fast , said a short goodbye to everyone and left quickly .

He started looking for those two lovebirds and eventually found them talking to ... No way he was seeing correct . Those two looked like Midorikawa Ryuuji and Kira Hiroto , two former members of Inazuma Japan , he have heard so many things about them and coach Endou promised he would introduce them the whole team but that wasn't the day . And why were they talking with Kariya and Kirino ?

He was confused and after staring at them for a few minutes ( while they continued talking ) they started walking away , but not alone . Kariya was also walking with them . Shindou frowned . " What is going on here ? "
He was awakened from his trance by Kirino's voice . He looked up and saw his graceful friend approaching him .

- Hey , were you going home ? He asked , like nothing happened before , which made Shindou incredibly frustrated .

- Yes , I am . Care to join me ? He asked , trying to make his voice sound normal . He had a lot to talk with Kirino but he didn't wanted to start the whole thing here .

- Of course ! Kirino answered , raising his eyebrow confused .

They started walking silently , but as they were approaching Shindou's house he decided to confront Kirino somewhere else . Somewhere where he was sure he couldn't get away without telling the truth . So he grabbed his arm and started walking to the Steel Tower . Even if Kirino was asking him what was going on he decided not to tell him .

They arrived shortly , but the sun was already going down .

- Will you tell me what's going on with you ? Kirino frowned at him , something that didn't happened on a daily basis and Shindou needed to bit his lower lip to avoid smiling .

- Why don't you tell me what happened between you and Kariya ? Shindou hissed , looking straight into Kirino's blue eyes . The pink haired boy was taken by surprise .

- What do you mean ? He gulped .

- Don't play stupid Kirino , I know you were here with him yesterday! I know you were going on a date with him so don't lie to me ! Shindou whispered the last part , knowing that he admitted the whole situation .

Kirino looked at him serious for a few seconds and then started laughing out of nowhere . Shindou looked confused . His friend was holding his belly , laughing , his eyes tearing up .

- Why are you laughing? Shindou looked at him , and only after a few moments Kirino stopped laughing and looked up at his friend .

- For real now Shindou , me and Kariya ? He tried not to start laughing but only the idea that Shindou would think he went on a date with Kariya made him feel crazy .

- Stop laughing , it isn't funny! Shindou frowned , he was confused .

After a few moments Kirino took a deep breathe and sat on a bench , looking at Inazuma Town . Shindou joined him .

- You're so stupid sometimes ... You know ? Kirino asked , not looking at him which was for the best because Shindou blushed slightly .

- Yeah ... Shindou mumbled .

Kirino finally looked at him , his blue eyes were shining and he smiled softly at his friend , hopefully more than his friend .

- Coach Endou was training here when he was younger , a lot of his hissatsu tactics were developed here . Kirino looked at the tree that was next to them .

Shindou did the same thing , the tree has a tire which looked old and used for training most likely .

- Kariya is adopted by Kira Hiroto and Midorikawa Ryuuji , if you didn't know . He told me about this place because apparently his parents wrote something here when they were younger . I was curious and I wanted to tell you but he told me that it was a secret . Yesterday we went here , trying to find the writing but I guess it's not here anymore . Kirino smiled and placed his head on Shindou's shoulder .

The time almost stopped while Shindou's heart started beating faster and faster . It was like the clouds formed hearts and he could see Kirino's face on them. He almost started tearing up , he waited for this moment for so long and it was finally happening .

   He kissed Kirino's head and Oh my God! everything was perfect , the moment felt like lasted hours , maybe it did .

- Now , Shindou , why were you so upset? Kirino knew the answer , he wasn't stupid but he wanted to tease Shindou a little bit for making such a scene for nothing .

- You know why ... Shindou mumbled , blushing but Kirino couldn't see it because Shindou's face was buried under Kirino's hair .

- Say it ! Kirino giggled softly and Shindou frowned . You evil ... adorable perfect beautiful creature , Shindou thought.

- I was jealous , but not only because you were with Kariya . I could have lived with that ... I think . Maybe I couldn't but I wanted you to tell me , I'm your best friend after all . I would've been there for you , even if it hurted ... Shindou sighed , looking at their hands . They were playing with each other's fingers , which seemed like the most important thing at that time .

   Kirino looked up , trying to catch Shindou's gaze and he did . He stared at him for a few moments and then hugged him . Hugged him like nothing else mattered and Shindou was never happier .

- I won't ever hurt you , I promise ! Kirino whispered softly , his warm breath tickling Shindou's ear .

- I know . He answered , and they stayed like this for so long , until their parents called them worried .