1: Blame it on the ages it's been since the last time.

Author's Note:

This was originally written for a Reddit audience and then edited a bit more, here. Therefore, it's less MerAdd than I generally write, because there is a certain threshold of gayness that is more accepted in the actual fandom than on Reddit, I have discovered. Also, I realize in doing this you can track everything I've ever said on Reddit. And that's a bit weird but I'm going with it. LOL. This is also less 'polished,' and edited than my fics are in general. That's just par for the course for being just a phone typed response. I'm leaving it mostly like this, I might correct only spelling later if I have to.

bobbiejelly

Reddit Imagines - MerAdd in 2020. Experimental Fic #1

It's in 2020. Addison Montgomery comes to GSMH. And she has a few questions for Meredith Grey. OR: Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery rants copied from my Reddit responses. Just thought they might be enjoyed here. F/F. MerAdd. Meddison. (Sort of). Rated M. Crackfic. Redditfic.

Reddit Prompt:

Could you see any of the characters ever returning?

You know like characters who left but didn't die i.e. Addison, Alex, Callie? Ive seen this show so many times and I'd just love for some of them to return

Response;

Hahaha it's really funny to think of Meredith walking Addison through the latest.

Reddit imagines again, as if Addison came to GSMH right after "put on a happy face" to see Amelia and her new kid, and Mer gives her a tour.

Spoilers through basically now, for both Grey's and PP.

Chapter 1: Blame it on the ages it's been since the last time.

It's in 2020. Addison Montgomery comes to GSMH. And she has a few questions for Meredith Grey.

Addison: Hey, Meredith, What changed since I left to be in California?

Meredith: Alex is with Izzie now.

Addison: Wasn't Karev with Izzie when I left? Or wait what about that Lucy Fields girl?

Meredith: Alex has a whole wife in between that time, between Izzie, then Lucy who left him for Africa basically two seconds after you left Seattle that one time. Alex married a girl called Jo, who is still now my fellow. And then Alex left to live in Kansas with Izzie because she used his pre-cancer fertilized eggs to have babies.

Addison: Umm.

Meredith: Also thanks for writing a letter for me to be a Doctor again. You know We have not talked since after I married Derek on a post-it and after I married him for real and after I had 3 kids and after I won a Harper Avery that got renamed Catherine fox and I was in a plane crash and Lexie and Mark died but you knew that and then I purchased a hospital and then Derek died in a car crash. Also, I'm sorry I never called you when he was dying. But I never called Amelia either. But you probably heard that from Amelia...

Addison: I'm glad you're no longer picking trash off the roadside.

Meredith: Thanks. How is your kid?

Addison: Good. Also, this hospital is now really confusing, and are you in another love triangle but this time with an intern?

Meredith: Umm. People now call us Grey Sloan Mercy Death. Isn't that charming? It's named after your ex-dirty mister and my half-sister and how Mark Dumped Julia for Lexie on his deathbed. Did you know that? I can't remember if I said that when I called...

Addison: I don't remember. Pete Wilder also died of a heart attack at basically the same time as the plane crash so I was a real mess anyway.

Meredith: Who is Pete?

Addison: A quack doctor who I dated at once point.

Meredith: Are you still in a love triangle?

Addison: NO! I HAVE GROWN AS A PERSON! I finally got over adultery!

Meredith: Umm, congrats. I'm in a state of confusion because I'm deciding between two men, McWidow and the intern, Andrew DeLuca.

Addison: I'm having déjà vu.

Meredith: what?

Addison: You were on drugs the first time we talked about this.

Meredith: What?

Addison: It was when you had your appendix out.

Meredith: Right! Was I hallucinating or did you leave and tell Derek to never hurt me again, ever?

Addison: Umm.

Meredith: That's really really sweet of you, y'know.

Addison: I didn't admit that I said that.

Meredith: You basically just did.

Addison: Did he hurt you again?

Meredith: I don't wanna talk about it.

Addison: I'm sorry.

Meredith: I know. But it wasn't your fault. You got us back together like a bunch of times.

Addison: I don't hate you, Meredith.

Meredith: I don't hate you, either.

Addison: I should have, a lot of things...

Meredith: Me too, a lot of things...

Addison: WHAT!?

Meredith: Huh?

Addison: I need a drink if we're going to keep having this conversation.

Meredith: Do you want scotch as Derek did? Or tequila? Or what?

Addison: Red wine. I'm a wine person. Even though I probably shouldn't be.

Meredith: I can still drink you under the table. Let me buy you a drink and we can catch up sometime. I only still shoot tequila though.

Addison: Joe's?

Meredith: Joe mysteriously vanished off the face of the universe with Walter but we can still go to emerald city bar across the street.

Addison: You know Mer, you could be another close friend now to me, if you want, because of Derek- like Amelia and I still are.

Meredith: Thanks, Addie. Also thanks for saving Cristina's life. I'm not sure if I ever said that to your face.

Addison: Thanks. How is Cristina?

Meredith: Cristina owns a hospital in Zurich.

Addison: Why am I not ever surprised...

***** END OF CHAPTER 1

Author's Note 2:

So, welcome to this shenanigan that I get up to, late at night on Reddit. Namely writing fanfictions in the threads. So far on Reddit, it has 2 people who admired and commented on it.

Thanks, MsBeasley11, wildflowermural. Thanks for saying you liked it.

Also, there are some high-key vibes and near-quotes lifted from "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now," by lespians and "Sex and Caring in Seattle," by Bluefall, and probably some other stories but yeah, I know, there are some influences here and there will be. But that's just how it ended up happening because I loved those dialogues...

Also, I'm making a future effort to differentiate this from "Bubble," which happens along the same timeline.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Meanwhile, Falling Apart, Barely Breathing now apparently has over 100 Kudos and 3000 views and that's ridiculous praise. And I hope to update that soon, and I welcome to go read that in the meantime if you have not already. Cheers!

bobbiejelly