2.

27/03/20 

Dear Mum and Dad, 

This week has been very weird with online lessons and saying goodbyes to so many people! I am stuck at the boarding house with Matron as she was happy to stay and look after me until the Easter holidays. Also, there were some girls who was only able to get a flight or travel to their countries later on in the week.  I was very sad to say goodbye to my friends as they have gone home now and my British friends are staying at home in their houses with their family too and they have mentioned to me , which will mean I will probably not see them until later on the year or when I go back for Upper Sixth. 

My roommate, Violetta went back home to Spain last night. I had a tear down my cheek when we finished our final chat but we shared a big goodbye hug and promised to stay in touch. She was only studying in Northview High for one year to practise her English. Violetta's English is amazing and I loved it when I hear her speak Spanish to her family and friends! It was difficult enough to say goodbye to Violetta as she was a special friend to me, but it was much harder when saying goodbye to four of my Upper Sixth boarding house friends; if you remembered Mira who helped took our luggage and bags from the car park to my room. She is also from Hong Kong and cooks me so much Dim Sum meals and it tastes so much like the food we get when we go for Yum Cha or in a Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong, Fei and Allie both from China help me with my Maths work and made me improve my Mandarin and finally Olive who is from Singapore always cheers me up when I really need it and always chat with me for hours and hours. I cried a lot when they left. They were supposed to stay for their A level exams but it was cancelled due to the Coronavirus so they all went home. But, hopefully we could keep in touch. Mira invited me over to her house in Hong Kong and Fei and Allie are planning to visit Hong Kong next year. But, I have not heard what Olive has said yet. 

I finished my first full week of online classes but since I need to get over the emotions and tears with saying goodbye to many friends, I will write to you next week. So please take care and stay safe! 

Love, Madison