5.

25/04/20 

Dearest Mum and Dad, 

I know it is Saturday today, but I could not feel I can wait any longer to write to you as I did not do it last week. This may also be a short message to you too. 

Last week until yesterday, it has been awful as I was very unwell! In the boarding house, on Easter day, there was no hot water! I kept telling Gertrude about this issue but she told me I should get used to it, because "it is part of life" and I am "not at home." I felt annoyed, because the water was freezing and after two days of showering without warm water, I had a nasty cold! I grabbed myself some lemsip and cooked chicken soup. I did not really eat much except for having some homemade chicken soup. Gertrude would not do anything to look after me and I had to still take more cold showers, then felt sick, had nausea, diarrhoea and a high fever. I was knackered and really glued to bed! Gertrude was not helpful at all and I had to look after myself. She was just being so abusive! 

Well, I did eat two apples and I did a bit of schoolwork, I was in touch with Emily and did a zoom with the Chinese friends that cheered me up. Gertrude would even tell me to wake up at 4am in the morning and go to bed at 9pm! And if I do not, there would be consequences. She sounded very serious when she spoke to me and that was part of why! I had a bad week and me being so ill and tired. 

Also on Monday, I am back to online school. 

I will sign off for now, so take care! 

Love from your loving daughter, Madison 

Story of Life in LockdownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara