4.

10/04/20 

Dear Mum and Dad,  

FInally it is the Easter weekend. So, Happy Easter! Even if it is good Friday today. It would have also been the day, we would be in Brighton having fun, exploring and relaxing on the beach as well as to grab some fish and chips. I bet they would taste a lot better than the ones in Northview, because the ones there do not taste so well. Looking at the weather for Brighton, it would be a lovely sunny day just to sunbathe. But, unfortunately that was against the lockdown rules otherwise we would be fined. 

This week I have met with the guest houseparent, Gertrude. She is so tall and she wears very heavy make up. Her nails are very long too and always has such frizzy hair. Gertrude seemed lovely and said she can do anything and give me things  if I do things for her. 

Fortunately, I was still served school diners just for me and Bobby as we were the only two still at the boarding house. Bobby was just able to find a flight back home to Nigeria, yesterday. He is a lovely guy and we sat together during meals. But, since he is gone now, there was just me and Gertrude. 

Gertrude wanted me to cook for her as I remembered back home one time, Mum was teaching me how to cook fried rice and soup noodles. I had to go running to the supermarket to grab the ingredients each day but I had to line up as the supermarket only allows limited customers and there was a one way system and can only grab one item per aisle. I also bought myself a big Easter Egg. 

I loved the fried rice and soup noodles, but Gertrude was not easy to impress. She said the noodles were too watery and the fried rice was oily and she wanted to dump it! She saw that I had an Easter Egg and she grabbed it saying she will eat it and it is her Easter Egg! 

This week has been stressful cooking and having to put up with Gertrude's laments with the ways I do things! But, hopefully she would get better next time. 

Love you to the moon and back, 

Madi