Chapter 3

Once you had told your sister about your decision to become manager, she agreed, saying you could spend as much time as you wanted with the team. You went to your room and while you were putting on some comfortable clothes, you got a text.

Unknown
Hey, (F/N)-chan. This is Suga. Noya and Hinata gave everyone your number. Daichi wants to have a study session after school tomorrow and he wanted to know if you wanted to come.

(F/N)
Yeah, I'll come! Thanks Sugawara-san!

You then got about eight more messages from different people, asking if you had wanted to go to study session. When the messages ceased, you were able to get a good night's sleep knowing they all cared about you in some way. With the exception of Tsukki, who hadn't asked about anything.
____________________________________

The next day after school was... Interesting. The session went easier than expected with the first-years, second-years, and third-years in their own little group. Daichi did interfere with studying once, just to tell Kageyama to focus. When everyone was done, they went home in groups of three. Nishinoya and Shoyo walked with you, just as they had about a month ago.

"Hey, (F/N)?" Nishinoya asked, once you had gotten to the apartment building.

"Yes?" You reply, wanting to cut the conversation short, for you were sure your sister was listening through the door.

"I wanna meet who you're living with." Your heart dropped. You hated introducing new people to your sister. She turned into a complete mess when someone said a simple "Hi".

"O-okay," you spoke, not knowing how to say no to the most happiest people alive. You knocked on the door lightly, once again praying your sister was not behind the door, but your prayers were in vain when she opened the door.

"Hi!" She said, unexpectedly cheerful. "(S/N) (L/N) at your service!" She giggled, bowing to show them some respect. "Come in!"

"That won't be necessary," you spoke in a defeated voice, stopping the two boys from going inside with one arm. "Shoyo, Nishinoya-san, this is my sister, (S/N) (L/N). She tricks short boy's to come inside so she can put them in her cauldron." You whispered the last sentence just to the boys. They each squeaked and backed away slowly.

"D-don't cook us!" Shoyo stuttered.

"W-we're not t-that s-short!" Nishinoya played along. You loved how they both new you felt uncomfortable around your sister. They then turned around and ran down the stairs beside the door. You giggled as you turned back around to face your sister.

"You didn't use "-chan" with Shoyo~" she cooed.

"It's because I show respect for him! And it's Hinata to you!" You screeched, making your voice three times louder than normal. You pushed past her and power walked to your room. As soon as you shut your door, your phone vibrated.

🏐✨ Nishinoya ✨🏐
Hey, we ran to the small store a couple blocks away if you wanna come out for a little bit...

(F/N)
I'll try to get out. It'll take about five minutes though.

You grabbed your money bag and tip toed, throughout the apartment. Luckily, your sister had gone to sulk in her room, so it was easier to avoid her. When you quietly shut the door, you started sprinting towards the store, wanting to be there as soon as possible. When you got there, it took you a minute to find the two.

"Hey, (F/N)-chan! You got here in three minutes! Do you think that's a new record?" You heard Shoyo's squeaky voice behind you. You turned around, thankful they hadn't left without you.

"So why are we here again?"

"Because I owe you," Nishinoya appeared around the corner of the store. "Two popsicles!" He held out two (F/F) popsicles, a bright smile plastered on his face.

"T-thanks, Nishinoya!" You took the popsicles as Shoyo's phone buzzed.

"Oh, crap!" He exclaimed. "I forgot I have to play with Natsu before she goes to bed! See you tomorrow!" He yelled as he got on his bike and peddled away, leaving you and Nishinoya alone.

"So what were these for?" You questioned Nishinoya, practically ignoring what the orange ball of sunshine had just done.

"U-umm, one because you called me 'senpai' earlier today, and the other because you need a break from your sister," he said turning so his hazel eyes met your (E/C) gaze. You both blushed and looked away quickly.

"T-thanks Nishinoya."

"You can call me Noya, if you want... But only to make it a shorter sentence..."

"Well then thanks Noya-san!" You shoved one popsicle in your mouth, eating the frozen treat in less than twenty seconds. You then shoved the other one towards Noya. "I won't eat this one, so you can have it."

"O-okay," he reluctantly took the popsicle back and ate it slowly.

"I should probably get home..." You said quietly not wanting him to hear.

"Do you think you could stay long enough to take a walk around there?" He pointed to a small park across the street. You nodded happily, smiling to make sure he new. Your sister wouldn't know anyways. She's asleep...

Nishinoya POV

She was cute, ever since the day she saved that vase. (F/N)'s cuteness replaced Kiyoko's hotness any day of the week. When she smiled like that, I couldn't help but beam back at her. When we walked the longest path around the park, she kept glancing at the sky, the stars reflecting in her beautiful (E/C) gaze. I never knew true beauty until Kiyoko. But (F/N)... She was different. She makes my stomach flutter, when Kiyoko doesn't.

I finally realized I was staring when she looked at me, her eyes seemingly staring into my soul. I quickly looked away, my face redder than a tomato.

Your POV

When he turned away, you felt disappointed, but when you saw his ears turn darker, you laughed. "Noya-san, are you okay?" You asked knowing full well he was. He turned back around and nodded quickly.

The rest of the walk was peacefully quiet, both of you thinking about different topics. Nishinoya thought about volleyball and you were fretting over your sister. She never checked on you after you went into your room, but she might today. As you became more worried, the entrance to the park came closer. Nishinoya stopped while you kept walking, unaware of the looming gap on the sidewalk. The spot was once again replaced by the slightly taller male. He walked with you all the way back home once again, you still having doubts about going back to the apartment. When you reached the door, it loomed over you, threatening to swallow you whole.

You then felt a warm hand on your shoulder. It was as if urging you on to face a small fear. You had never snuck out before. Back in America, your parents owned a farm, so by the time you got home, you were too tired to even think about sneaking out. His hand lifted off your shoulder, cold air hitting where it had been. You breathed and quietly turned the knob.
____________________________________

I felt like leaving this on a cliffhanger, just because this chapter seemed just a little boring. I have once again failed to upload on Friday. Trust me, I'm already beating myself up about it! I really am sorry as an individual and an author for this.