iii. your relationship is discovered

warnings: just a tad sexual.

you were standing next to the counter, speaking to a nurse. you were talking about a patient when james came up behind you.

he hadn't said anything, but the nurse knew that he was wanting to talk to you. when she stepped away, you looked over to him.

"hello, james."

a blush came across his cheeks and he smiled.

"(y/n)."

whilst you stood there and spoke, neither of you even noticed that house and cuddy were both watching the interaction from afar.

you both knew this would happen at some point, but not this soon into your relationship. you'd only been sneaking around for about 3 weeks.

when you turned around, james followed. he placed his hand on your lower back, guiding you away towards his office.

"you seen that too?" cuddy questioned, looking to house.

"so he's sleeping with the new doctor?"

she rolled her eyes, walking to where you were headed. they snuck outside, hoping his blinds would be open.

they weren't being creepy, just confused. not that they thought james would use you, but they knew you were young and possibly vulnerable to the attention.

back in his office, james had you next to him. he was seated in his desk chair, you leaned next to him looking at a file.

your chest was perfectly aligned with his face, so house was getting a kick out of it.

every chance james had to look over he would, trying to avoid attention to that area. he couldn't avoid it much longer, but it wasn't the first time he'd noticed them obviously.

"james? what is it?"

"oh-nothing."

house was still getting a kick out of this from afar. cuddy too was having a hard time controlling her laughter. james was trying so hard to keep composure.

you noticed before he had to say anything else, "james!"

"what?" he laughed.

"are you serious?" you smiled.

"it's hard to avoid it, (y/n)."

"then why haven't you done anything about it if it's so hard to avoid?"

those words obviously have done something to him. he stood up immediately and walked to the blinds in order to close them then making sure the door was locked.

house and cuddy stopped and just stared at each other. neither knew what to say.