demo chapter 1

"This may be the most depressing party I have ever gone to," murmured Alya. She stood in front of a building waiting for her best friend, Marinette, to arrive. The farewell party she was yet to attend was of her other best friend, Kagami Tsurugi. The trio were friends since they were little, and always had each other's back. 

"You look pretty good," said Marinette as she rushed towards her, brushing her dark hair away from her face. She was wearing a red dress with black highlights and little jewels on it. She did her makeup lightly, only putting mascara, foundation, and blush. 

Alya, on the other hand, was wearing an orange shirt with black jeans. Her hair was in a high ponytail, and her mother had offered to do her decent makeup. She didn't discard her glasses for contact lenses even though her sister persuaded her a lot. Marinette interlocked her fingers with Alya's before she smiled at her, and they walked inside.

The atmosphere wasn't as bad as they thought. The place was bright with the smell of fresh flowers all around. There was a crowd around the food table and the dance floor; Marinette and Alya avoid being in congested areas. Most of the people there were from Kagami's fencing and cello classes; she barely had friends in school. The pair could hear someone walking towards them.

"The music is amazing, isn't it," asked Kagami. She hugged Marinette and Alya, trying not to cry. Her dark hair was in a bob, and she wore a black long-sleeved top with a red skirt. Her mother banned her from wearing makeup, but that didn't stop her from applying lip gloss.

"Hey, could you stop the music for a second? I need to say something to everyone," asked Marinette. Kagami nodded, and she gestured to the DJ to turn down the volume. He had short brown hair, black-rimmed glasses, and tanned skin. His shirt was as blue as Marinette's eyes, and his jeans were as dark as night. Alya thought he looked great.

After the music fell silent, Marinette stepped on the platform beside the dance floor. Kagami handed her a microphone, and she made everyone quiet. People were wondering what the teenager had to say.

"Good evening, everyone. My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Today is the last day for someone very extraordinary, and I would like to tell her what she means to me.

"Alya and I met Kagami in the ice rink. We were six-years-old, and I had no idea how to ice skate; I kept slipping all the time. Then, a beautiful girl came skating flawlessly towards us. Her hair was longer than it is now, but she looks pretty nonetheless. She offered to teach me how to skate; Alya knew I wasn't good at talking to people, so she accepted her offer. That was a marvelous decision because the two of us have found a new best friend.

"Kagami is one of the friendliest people I have ever met. She values emotion over everything else, she helps everyone, and she is very kind. I wish you nothing but the best for the future. I hope we see you again."

Cheers and claps surrounded the room. Kagami rushed to Marinette and hugged her tightly; she quietly sobbed in Mari's dress.

"May I borrow the mic?"

Marinette turned around to know who asked; he was a handsome fair-skinned boy with blond hair who was half a head taller than her. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie, and his shoes were nicely polished. She handed the microphone to him and walked towards Alya.

"Most of you would know, but for those who don't, I am Adrien Agreste. Words are something I am not good at, but I will try my best to bring justice to such a wonderful woman. Here is how I met you.

"We fought on our first fencing class together. I won that match, and that left you devastated. You ran away from class, and when I asked for a rematch, you took off your headgear. I was surprised that someone like you could give a tough fight to me. Impressed, I bowed in front of you as I gave back your sword; we became friends after that.

"Kagami, you are one of the best fencing rivals I have ever had. You don't sugarcoat what I do wrong; you helped me improve until I become perfect. You are an incredible person, and nothing can that."

Cheers and claps surrounded the room once again, and Kagami kissed Adrien on the cheek, thanking him for such kind words. People started dancing to the DJ's music, many were around the food table, and everything seemed fine.

And that is when everything went wrong.