Chapter 7: Hidden Agendas

She stared at me. Her blue eyes wide and confused. I looked away from her and looked at my hands. I noticed my fingers digging deep into the palm of my hands once again. I tear my eyes away feeling a hand on my knee. Quickly, I move in the chair shaking my head from side to side.

"How much...How much do y-you remember?" Anna asked, her voice was low and nervous. Almost like there was something she was hiding. I bit my lip and shook my head from side to side. I grab the marker and go to write on the board but I feel her hands wrap around mine and soon she's bent down in front of me. For a moment we sit in silence till I see one of her hands lift up off of mine and reach towards my face. She pinches my chin, gently and lifts up my head. Our eyes meet and I can see the blueness in her eyes shift in color. Her eyes switch back and forth between mine, but never once do either of us look away from one another.

"Y-You didn't answer my q-question," I finally whispered back. She bites her bottom lip. I know it's a nervous habit, considering I do it too. She shakes her head from side to side as her lips separate.

"Reason for what Y/N?" I felt tears overwhelm my eyes. Swiftly, I blinked repeatedly to get rid of the tears but nothing I did seemed to make them want to go away. Instead I closed my eyes a moment, feeling Anna's hand placed on my cheek. Her cold hand. Her thumb began to rub back and forth, wiping away tears that fell. And at this point I don't even know why I'm crying But I am. "Y/N..."

"W-What was the reason for k-kidnapping me?" Silence filled the room. Nothing came from either of us except for the movement of her hand drawing away from me. I opened my eyes slowly, meeting her but I didn't find her eyes. Her eyes were drawn down. She stared at my hands for what seemed like forever. I waited and waited, knowing sooner or later she'd tell me or she'd just get up and leave. Either way I'd be fine. At least I think. But when she picked her head up and locked our eyes, I felt chills rolled down my back. I move my body a bit, clenching my jaw at the sudden coldness in the room.

"You need to find that out for yourself...I know your memories are coming back. Bits and pieces but it's coming back-" She switched her eyes back and forth between my eyes for a second, letting the silence surround us once more then continued. "The other day when you were walking with that man with the curly brown hair, you stared at me forever. I know that something came back and I was concerned as to what-"

"I was in a b-bathroom and y-you were at a small table writing something," I whisper, quickly cutting the brunette off. She tilts her head to the side as she gazes at me. For a moment it's silent till I speak once again. "Someone e-else was in the room. They a-asked you if everything was coming together. You said it w-was then you said you couldn't fi-figure something out-"

"Then I looked at you peeking out from the bathroom door." I slowly nodded my head up and down, finally taking my eyes away from her. Silence fell over us once more. "I stood up after that and looked at Brittany. She was the other person in the room. I slowly made my way over to the bathroom but you shut the door and locked it."

"W-Why?"

"I'm not 100 percent on your full intentions but I'm pretty sure it's because you were scared and that was literally the day after we got you." I slowly nodded my head up and down. My lips separate, ready to speak again when there's a gentle knock on the door. We both stop in our tracks and look to the door. There the door opens as Wolf pokes in his curly brown hair.

"Sorry to interrupt. Y/N it's time for your meeting," Wolf spoke. It seemed like he was a bit upset that he had to come in. But I only nod my head up and down before slowly pulling my eyes away from the man's hair and to find Anna's blue eyes. She meets mine and gives me a small smile while placing her hand on my knee, giving it a gentle squeeze through the sweatpants. After that she stands and turns on her heels, getting ready to exit when I stand quickly.

"When will you be b-back?" I ask, my voice a little bit stronger than the usual whispering I had been doing. A complete shock crossed over Wolf's face as he stood off to the side. Anna stopped in the doorway and glanced over her shoulder. A bigger smile than what she had given me before appeared across her lips.

"I'll be back tomorrow as soon as I can." I nod my head slowly as she flashes me one more soft smile before she turns back around and heads out. I glance down to my hands seeing nail marks dug into my skin. I reach my hand up and run it through my hair. I stop when I hear feet shuffling. I glance up a bit to realize Wolff is still here. A sigh barely audible escapes my lips as he gives me a toothy grin, before heading out the door with me following behind.

                                             ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Come on Y/N. Wolf just said you talked," Doctor Candy said, a hint of sadness in her voice. I kept my gaze down to my hands. My fingers picked at my soft skin that's all bruised and red. I close my eyes a second, before hearing Doctor Candy speak again. "Okay it's okay..I can still work with this...What did you and Anna talk about?" I shrug my shoulder at her question. I didn't want to tell her that. That's between me and Anna. And I'm sure Anna doesn't want me saying anything especially about her and Brittany having to kidnap me.

"Right...Private. Okay-" The girl paused and I nodded my head up and down, ready for something else to happen. The room grew quiet and for a moment I felt this weird anxious feeling rise inside of me that she wasn't going to say anything else. Maybe we're just going to sit in silence. We've done it before especially when I first arrived here. "...How have you been feeling with these two girls coming around?" I reached forward grabbing my board and quickly wrote down an answer to the question.

Fine.

"Just fine? I mean you and Anna seem to be getting along, but you and Brittany? Something seems a little off there..." Her voice trails off. I only shrug my shoulders. I'm not sure what I felt towards Brittany. Most of the things I've remembered is of Anna. And the one thing I remembered of Brittany is she wasn't too fond of me, which is understandable considering a bunch of the times I hear this voice calling me pathetic and a waste of space...

"Doctor we need you!" A lady shouts out barging into Doctor Candy's office. Both of us jump and I look at the girl. My eyes travel the girl up and down before looking away seeing barely Doctor Candy nodding her head up and down, standing up.

"Send it Wolf," Doctor Candy spoke. And within a few moments Wolf was walking in and I was being guided right back to my room with a bunch of people running around. All with a panicked expression on their face. Wolf had said to stay close to him when we were exiting Doctor Candy's office. At first I didn't understand why. Now I do as we round the corner heading towards my room. There I see people from a group gathering with their own personal shofer before I stop abruptly seeing people backing out of some girl's room. There my eyes are met with a stretcher and several people gathering and moving it, hiding whoever was on there. But when my eyes looked closely I saw an arm hanging on the side. My eyes grow wide as the color red drips down the girl's arm.

There I feel my breath hitch as I watch one of the people helping out, pick the girl's arm up, getting it out of view. I slowly turned as they went through the doors we're never allowed to pass unless we're leaving or they allow us too. (I haven't yet, sadly). I keep watching and soon spot a glimpse of the girl. Her eyes were barely open. Her face was bloody and bruised. And her arms...Sliced open. I back up shaking my head before seeing Wolf's body step in my view. Moments, seconds I blink and realize I'm back in my room. Wolf leaves the room and shuts the door. After that I hear yelling, screaming. I shake my head from side to side and go to my bed, reaching underneath the pillow pulling out the journal and pen, before running over to the opposite side of the room where the window lay. I get into the corner and let my body slide down, bringing my knees to my chest and setting the journal in between my pulled up legs and chest.

The screaming continues and I shake my head from side to side. The images of that girl replay in my head and I can't help but quickly cover my ears with my hands and squeeze my eyes shut tightly, trying to tune out anything I possibly could. But when it doesn't work, I open the journal to a clean page and begin writing and writing, feeling my hand becoming numb and realizing I've been crying as little droplets of tears run down my cheeks and onto the page. But I keep writing, no matter what and ending with one simple statement...

                        I tried the same thing, but I couldn't succeed...