Chapter 13: Owen

Silence filled the room as Anna's words filled my head. "Kid...there's something you should know..." Since then, it's been a few moments. The blue eyed girl has spoken anymore and I keep waiting. The hesitation and the waiting is driving me crazy. I've shifted so many times in my position upon the bed. But Anna's like a statue. She hasn't moved. Her eyes are kept on the bed, not daring to look into my eyes. I want her to say it already. Just to rip the band aid. To get it over with.

"W-What is it Anna?" I ask, finally breaking the tension that's built up in the room. The tiny brunette slowly lifts her head up, our eyes locking. Tears overwhelm the girl's eyes making the blueness of her eyes a darker color of blue. I switch my own eyes back and forth between her own, till I feel her take a hold of my hands. I glance down, seeing them shaking a bit. I pick my head back up, seeing our eyes lock once again. "A-Anna, you're scaring me."

"I know kid, but what I'm going to tell you is...going to be harder than I want it to bed and you're probably going to be mad and maybe not even believe me. But you deserve the truth before it comes in a way that you hate both me and Brittany without knowing the real story," Anna finally speaks. She gives my hands another tight squeeze. I clench my jaw tilting my head at her, feeling my heart beginning to beat quicker than it normally does.

"O-Okay. Just t-tell me. I can handle it." The tiny brunette nods her head up and down, glancing down a moment before lifting her head back up, taking a deep breath. And before I knew it the girl begin spilling everything. A long story and I stared at her, taking everything in shaking my head from side to side.

                                                 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anna's POV

I walked into the motel, turning around to shut the door. When I felt my body turned back around and then felt myself pinned up to the door, a hand quickly cupping over my mouth. And before I can react a pistol is placed in my face. I feel my whole body tense and shake, blinking numerous times.

"Well if it isn't miss Anna Kendrick. Long time no see," the familiar voice spoke. I tried to get a better look but felt my head slammed back against the door. I shut my eyes, pain echoing through my head. "Ah, ah. We have some stuff to talk about, including why you kidnapped my niece."

He pulled me from the wall and turned me around while holding me close to him. His hand stayed firmly on my mouth, with the gun placed to my temple as we walked over to the bed. He tossed me down, releasing his hand from my mouth and the gun. But when I turn over to look at him, the gun is placed right back in my face. I put up my hands slowly, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Just put the gun down," I speak softly, keeping my hands up.

"Not happening sweetheart. But what is going to happen if you're going to shut up and only speak when I ask a question. Do you understand?" I stay silent for a moment, watching him. And takes a heavy step forward placing the gun right in between my eyes. I close my eyes and feel his spit through his teeth as he spoke once more. "Do you understand? Or should I make myself a bit more clear when my niece returns?"

"I-I- I understand," I finally say. He lingers a moment longer before finally pulling the gun back, but keeping it on me. I open my eyes and look at the guy. I knew who he was. Knew him too well, but at the same time not well enough.

"Good, now where's my niece?"

"I don't know." Just as the words escape my lips he takes a quick step forward and I feel a swift backhand across my face. My head flies to the right, feeling my cheek burn red. I stayed there a moment before turning my head back around, looking at the man.