Chapter 14: Bad News

Y/N's POV

I sat staring at my door after Anna left and Wolf leaving after setting the tray of food on my desk. I didn't bother to get up. Quite honestly I wasn't hungry. What Anna had told me, kept replaying in my head but the sad thing was I had no memory of any of it. You would think with something like that I would remember...that. All of...that. But I don't. I can picture it, but I don't remember it happening. A sigh escapes my lips as I climb out of the bed and go to the door. I open it up and just in time as Doctor Candy is walking by with Hilde.

"Y/N?" She says, locking eyes with me. I stand there switching my eyes from me to Hilde who looks uncomfortable. I look away and to the ground till I hear Doctor Candy hand Hilde off to someone else. In that time I feel a hand gently placed on top of my shoulder. "Y/N, you okay?" I nod and that's when I grab her hand off of my shoulder and exit the room pulling her to her office.

We get to her office not even moments later. She looks at me as I let go of her hand and walk over to the couch. There I take a seat and stare at the coffee table in front of me. "Y/N, what's going on? You okay?"

"Anna was here," I say, finally. I pick my head up to see a shock expression cross Doctor Candy's face as she sits down in her chair. I nod my head and take a deep breath. "She told me something...And I should remember it. I should remember something...like that."

"You don't remember what she told you?" Doctor Candy asks. I shake my head from side to side. "What did she tell you?"

"She told me about something that happened. I guess before I was brought here..." My voice trails off as I stare at the coffee table. My mind races back to the events Anna had told me. Every single detail she had given me I played back. I played over and over again, but still couldn't remember it for myself.

"So, she told you...But you don't remember it-" Silence fills the room for a moment as I nod my head up and down, but keep my eyes on the table in front of me. "Why do you think she told you?" I stand up at this point, tossing up my hands. I begin to pace back and forth in the little area I was, thinking. And I don't even know why I'm doing this. I never do this. I usually just sit and stay quiet. If I want to say something then I'll grab my board...But this...This is new and I feel so fired up.

"I don't know why she told me!" Another moment of silence before I added. "I told her that I wanted to remember everything. I feel lost without not knowing everything and that's when she said she had to tell me something."

"Okay... Okay. But there's got to be a reason behind why she told you what she told you, Y/N. Think...You got this." I nod and pace back and forth a bit more before finally I stop and turn my head. My eyes lock on the doctor as she watches me, still looking shocked.

"To tell her side of the story..."

"What do you mean?" Candy leaned up in her chair.

"She wanted to tell her side of the story. My memories come in different waves. They don't come in order." I pause a moment running my hand through my hair. "She wanted me to make sure I knew her side before I got the memories back in a way that would make me think something terrible about her and Brittany. Oh my god."

"Her and Brittany?" I nod my head at the slight comment Doctor Candy had made.

"Yeah...In her story Brittany was there but she..she couldn't do anything. Neither of them could....Can you somehow call Brittany? I want to speak to her." Doctor Candy shakes her head, clenching her jaw.

"Y/N, I can't do that."

"And why not? I need to speak to her. I need to solve this puzzle. I'm onto something-" Doctor Candy stands, making me stop talking. She walks towards me and places her hands on my shoulders. Our eyes lock and she shakes her head from side to side looking back and forth between my eyes.

"The last time Brittany was here you had a seizure Y/N. We can't let that happen again-"

"But I need to see her. I remembered something when she was here-" I pause a moment then continue. "Most of the time Anna's been here, I've always remembered something. Brittany should be the same way considering she was in my life. I need this Doctor Candy."

"Doctor Candy?" The woman tilted her head at me, squinting her eyes. I nodded my head, biting my bottom lip. "Y/N, that's not my name."

"I know that...I just call you that because you're sweet like Candy and I could never catch onto your name." Doctor Candy smiles and chuckles a bit, before looking away from me. I let the silence stay for a moment before talking once more. "Now, can you do me that-"

"Sorry to interrupt," a woman said, walking in after knocking on the door. I turned to look to find one of the many helpers here. Doctor Candy walked around the table and looked at the girl. "Doctor Candy there's a woman here asking to speak to Y/N in the courtyard." I felt my heart race at the woman's words. Doctor Candy glances over her shoulder, looking at me. I switch my eyes back and forth between the two. "She also wants to speak to you too Doctor."

"Okay...Um let's go then," Doctor Candy speaks. I nod and walk towards her. We walk out the door and begin walking towards the courtyard. "This is an odd hour for visitors."

"Doctor Candy, the only time people ask to meet in the courtyard is when there's something that's happened..." I let my voice trail off, feeling Doctor Candy's eyes on me as we continue to walk. Sooner than later we make it to the door and I put my hand on the handle. Before I can open the door I feel Doctor Candy grab my shoulder.

"Y/N, I want you to wait here with Lily," She told me. I tilted my head and she just nodded. "Trust me." At the moment I just nodded and backed away from the door. I leaned up against the wall watching as Doctor Candy opened the door and walked out, closing the door behind her.

                                                     ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I stood up just as the door appeared open. My eyes watched as Doctor Candy poked her head through. A concerned look was written all over her face. I tilted my head at her and walked towards her. "What? What is it?" I ask, as she shakes her head and moves out of the way. I look through the door and walk in a bit seeing none other than, "Brittany?"

Brittany turns around and stands up from the table. I glance back to Doctor Candy who stays by the door, pointing to Brittany with her head. I look back to the redhead girl and slowly make my way towards her. She gives me a small smile and that's when I notice the tears in her eyes. "Brittany...Why are there tears in y-your eyes?"

"Y/N, I have to tell you something," Brittany started, then she gestured towards the table. I slowly walked over and sat down. She followed soon after and looked me dead in the eyes. "I'm going to tell you something...And after I do I had permission from Doctor Candy to take you with me."

"Take me where? What's going on?" I ask, searching her teary eyes. Brittany took a deep breath and looked away from me for a moment before finally picking up her head, our eyes locking once again.

"Anna...She's in the hospital..."