Chapter 23- First Break Up's Always The Hardest

Jessica's P.O.V.

"Good thing you drew me a picture," the tattoo artist mocks Scott, making me snort as I share a look with Stiles. Stiles finds a drawing that looks significantly like the kanima and taunts Scott by asking if he's sure he doesn't want that one instead. I look at the drawing and it reminds me of the things that have happened this summer since Jackson became a real werewolf.

After the big battle, I remember Vivianne doing the spell to erase my love for two people as she did for Mer but I couldn't remember who those two people were. Everything was normal. I remembered who Damon and Klaus were, I simply didn't remember that I loved them, until a few weeks after summer started.

They each made a move separately and I indulged them because I was bored. Lydia was trying to spend as much time with Jackson before he left, I was still pissed at Allison, who left anyway, I wasn't good friends with Scott, Mer had kissed Stiles and got flashes of memories, which freaked her out because she didn't remember the spell had happened, and Derek, Peter, Isaac, and I had no leads on the alpha pack.

I quickly figured out that they were the ones that had been erased as I got flashes of memories. The first couple were happy but then I remembered Klaus cheating on me with Tatia, leading to me creating Hell, and Damon cheating on me with Katherine and trying to kill Jeremy because I didn't instantly forgive him. I remember the fight I had with them both vividly.

I just told them both that I wasn't going to see them anymore and they were not happy. "The whole point of the spell was to help you choose one of us," Klaus insists.

"We even made an effort to become friends so you wouldn't have to worry about losing one of us so why the Hell are you giving up now? We didn't even know that you were remembering," Damon adds and I feel anger seep into my veins.

"Why am I giving up? Oh, I wonder. Let's look back, shall we?" I ask sarcastically and they both look at me surprised before I spin on Klaus. "Klaus Mikaelson, the big brother of two of my best friends, but that wasn't all that you were to me apparently. I loved you so much that I had sex with you, which was a big deal in the 10th century, and not a week later you decided that you weren't good enough for me, a decision you had no business making. But did you tell me? Oh no, you took it upon yourself to have sex with Tatia to try and move on without giving me any warning."

"But-"

"No!" I snap before turning on Damon. "Then there's you, who I fell for and apparently, somewhere along the way, you fell for Elena, but putting that aside, we were going great until you decided that Katherine was who you really wanted but then she rejected you and you came running back to me. You wanted me to be overjoyed that I was your backup and when that didn't happen, you tried to snap Jeremy's neck, except I snapped yours first.

"You both obviously managed to ruin me further than that if I went so far as to forget that I ever loved anyone to escape you. I literally chose to be empty than remember that I ever loved you, but did it ever cross either of your minds that maybe I'm better off without either of you in my life? Obviously not because it doesn't benefit you in any way, so I'm making my decision, I choose me. Now get the hell out!"

I hadn't seen either of them since. I'm brought out of my thoughts by the tattoo artist's deep voice. "He's right. Tattooing's been going on for thousands of years. The Tahitian word tatua means 'to mark something.' Like a rite of passage." I nod with him.

"He's right but in Samoan, it means 'open wound' which is probably more what Scotty's going for here," I say, looking at him for confirmation and he nods shocked. "I get it. You're doing it for not talking to that traitorous bitch all summer. Congrats," I mock and he rolls his eyes.