Part 2

"Wow, I'm going to be the luckiest man at this gala," Harry said in an amused tone. "Showing up with two beautiful women!"

Hermione laughed as she stepped into her heels, shaking her head at him. "Better not let the Prophet hear you say that; they'll think the three of us are in a polyamorous relationship!"

"Nah, they've already speculated that two years ago," Ginny laughed from the other room before coming out to join them, fixing one of her earrings. "Besides, it would be a hilarious way to get back at Ron."

"Oh, don't tempt me now," Hermione said in a playfully stern voice.

Harry grinned and gave his wife a kiss before spinning her around. "Ginny, you are simply stunning. No offense, Hermione."

"None taken! I have to agree with you on that," Hermione said with a smile, looking at Ginny's emerald green dress. She turned away and grabbed her silver mask from the table, holding it up as she asked, "Are people really going to be wearing these?"

"We have ours," Ginny said as she held up her own. "I think it's actually mandatory."

Harry nodded in agreement. "It is. Kingsley made sure of that."

"Careful not to call him that tonight," Ginny warned, patting her husband's chest as she went to inspect her hair one more time. "You've already been reminded to call him Minister on more than one occasion."

"He doesn't mind it," Harry sighed, rolling his eyes. "I'll be sure to keep that in check though."

Ginny smiled back at him before clapping her hands together. "Well! Are we ready?"

Hermione nodded, adjusting her dress again as the three of them headed towards the fireplace. Harry gestured for Ginny to go first and she gave him a quick kiss before stepping into the fireplace and grabbing a handful of floo powder.

"Ministry of Magic!" She stated before disappearing, and Harry then gestured towards Hermione.

"Your turn," He said.

She followed Ginny's actions and soon enough stepped out from the Ministry fireplaces, smiling as she met up with Ginny.

"Everyone looks wonderful," Ginny exclaimed happily, looking around. "I'm so excited that they all stuck to the theme. Here, can you help me with my mask?"

Stepping behind her friend, Hermione secured Ginny's mask as Harry soon joined them, and Ginny helped Hermione in return before helping Harry with his mask. The three of them then moved away from the fireplaces, following the steady stream of witches and wizards to a large ballroom just off the main room.

The ballroom was lavishly decorated with beautiful fountains and floating glass bulbs emitting soft shades of pinks, blues, and yellows above their heads. There was a small string orchestra situated in one of the corners and was charmed to play music continuously in the background, making Hermione smile.

"Shall we get a drink?" Harry suggested, nodding towards one of the many bars posted up around the room.

"I think we shall," Ginny said, grinning to Hermione who grinned in return.

The three of them soon all had drinks in hand and were enjoying themselves as they mingled among the other guests. It wasn't long before they were able to find Dean and Seamus wearing matching black masks, and even Neville and Luna joined them shortly after in a set of silver and gold masks.

While the rest of the group chatted together happily, Hermione hung back, feeling somewhat out of place with the three couples. Ginny noticed however and pulled Hermione's arm gently, wrapping her arm inside her friend's.