Part 5

Hermione noticed as the night went on that Draco fit rather nicely into their small group; he was able to match Harry and Ginny in banter while still being friendly and accommodating. She smiled happily from next to him, finishing off her drink and then looking over at his glass.

"Would you like another?" She asked, gesturing towards his glass. "My treat since you bought the last round."

"Oh no, I can purchase this one," He answered in return, reaching for her glass instead.

She pulled her arm out of his reach and grinned. "I insist! You got the last two!"

He grinned as well as she walked away spitefully then and he looked back at Harry and Ginny. "Excuse us, will you? Granger, I refuse to let you pay for drinks tonight!"

The Potters both laughed as he went after Hermione, following her to the back of the line as she retorted, "You're going to be very disappointed then!"

They continued to bicker playfully over who would pay for the drinks as the line moved forward, and they both practically raced to the bar to be the first up there.

"Hello!" Hermione greeted quickly. "Another round of whiskey and wine, and please put it on-"

"My tab!" Draco finished triumphantly, giving her a smug grin.

She huffed but returned the grin, shaking her head. "Fine, Malfoy; you win this one."

"You should get used to it," He said cheerfully. "I never let my date pay for anything."

She raised an eyebrow while still smiling. "So, I'm your date now?"

"I'd like to think so, yes," He said.

"That's funny, I don't remember being asked," She said, turning away with her nose turned up slightly.

He laughed at this and the bartender hid a smile of his own as he overheard the conversation while pouring their drinks. He nodded to the two of them and they left the bar, walking back to where Ginny and Harry were quietly talking.

"Hermione?"

She turned to see a somewhat-terrified looking Ron staring at her, immediately dropping the arm of the raven-haired woman next to him. His date gave him a confused look and reached for his hand, which Hermione forced a smile at.

"Oh, Ronald," She greeted curtly. "What a surprise."

Then she looked towards the woman and said, "Hello! Your dress is simply beautiful!"

Draco gave Hermione a surprised look before looking back at Ron, who looked as if he were about to throw up.

"Thank you," The woman replied nervously in a clear American accent. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid we haven't met yet. I'm Rachael."

She held out a hand that Hermione simply looked down at. She didn't take it however as she continued to smile at Rachael. "I'm Hermione. How long have you and Ronald been together?"

Rachael nervously pulled her hand back and smiled slightly. "About a month."

"Ahhh..." Hermione then looked at Ron, tilting her head slightly and smiling again. "A month. How wonderful! You're such a lucky woman; Ronald is one of the most honest, caring, and truthful individuals."

Draco was now giving Hermione a nervous look. There was something unnervingly calm about her voice that was clearly throwing off both Ron and Rachael.

"Hermione, you're too kind," Ron muttered.

"You're right, I am," Hermione said smugly.

Draco grinned at this and Ron's brow furrowed. "Have you been drinking?"