A Surprise for Win

Bright P.O.V.

I quickly turned off the alarm and got ready for work. I was going to let the bunny sleep in today. I felt the sudden pump of my blood coursing as I thought of the date and surprise that I'm planning for him. As I finished tying my tie, I sprayed my cologne, behind the ears and onto my writs.

I made pancakes for him and left a note for him to stay in and that he was excused for today's duties. His first semester was finished so he had no school to attend to during the weekdays causing me to worry just a little more. He would leave sometimes and hang out at the mall until late. It pissed me off to no end but he is my bunny, I'll give him whatever he wants.

At work it felt as if everything was moving slow. The paper stack got shorter as time progressed but not fast enough. Even as Valen came in to ramble about shit, time still didn't move as quickly as it should. Having the last straw, I stood up and kicked the paper bin to the wall. "Woah there! Calm down! I was just saying that maybe we should go out for lunch today?" I glared at her and sat on my couch.

I threw an arm behind it and breathed out. She immediately approaches me from her place at the door and bent down to meet my eye level. "What's wrong sweetie?" I flick her forehead with my middle finger and she huffs. "Time." Her face contorts into confusion and she takes a seat beside me.

I face her and she looks at me. "What about it? Bright, you're a director you know. If you want to leave now you could." I scoffed at her. "Of course I know that! But for me to have the ideal date with Win it has to be in the evening. Clearly it isn't evening at the moment." I pointed to the glass window to the left of me and she laughed.

She clenched her sides as she rolled onto the ground. "Y-you, Bright, aha! A romantic?! No way!" she laughed away and I stood up to gently kick her. "Fuck off." I rushed out of the room, feeling my face heat up from both anger and embarrassment. I am just as romantic as the next guy out there trying to please his significant other!

Just because I hadn't shown interest in anyone in the past, doesn't mean I don't know how to be lovey fucking dovey! I heard her footsteps run to me. "Sorry! It was just a joke sheesh!" she fixed her glasses as I waited for the elevator to come up.

"So how can I help you two?" she asked with amusement. "Nothing." I entered the elevator and was about to close it before she quickly rushed in. "Bright that wasn't nice!" I scowled at her. "C'mon! I wanna help too!" I rubbed my temples and walk out to the ground floor as soon as the door opened. "Fine. Just don't fall back or do anything stupid." She matched my quick pace and cheered. "Don't worry! Don't you know how long me and Mike are married? Too long to even count! Just full of love and s-" I quickly covered her mouth.

I glared at her and she laugh as I removed my hand. "Shut the fuck up. I don't want to know what goes on between you two." She threw her head back and laughed again. "Whatever, I'll get the details between you and Win later. I'm sure he'll be glad to tell me!" I kicked her. "Fuck off." She pouted. "But I know you love me as your best friend in the whole wide w-" I kicked her again but harder. "Ouch! Ok, ok, I'll stop now!"

-Home-

Win P.O.V.

The bed was colder this morning as I breathed in Bright's scent. "Brighttt" I groaned out. A moment pass and there was no answer. I quickly got up and searched his side of the bed. He wasn't there. I ran down and into the kitchen and saw no one. The only thing I saw was breakfast and a small folded note with my name written beautifully in cursive on it.

I opened the note and read it.

Good Morning my life,

I'm sorry I couldn't eat breakfast with you today. Please don't be to mad. You have the day off so relax and do whatever you want. Just don't leave the house unless I tell you too, ok? Be safe and I'll promise to make it up to you.