5

Published : 20200608

Edited : 20210124

Word count : 0,4k

-----

Wonho's POV

Ok. So, we started working on the case about 20 minutes ago. I've written down every single thing that Jooheon said to me on the phone and gave it to Minhyuk. Minhyuk read it and stayed silent while tapping his fingers on the kitchen counter. He then shooted out his ideas.

"So, he's asking for the police officers database and call off the station's investigation. Well, I guess, we can call the Chief for the second one and tell her that we're taking over. But the first one..."

Kihyun then said, "What if we give him the old one? Like the one from two years ago. There isn't that much of a difference. Just a little less complete then the latest one."

"No, no, no, no, no. It's too risky," I said to him.

"Look, hyung. If we play the game the way he wanted us to play it, we'll never find her in time," Kihyun said to me.

I then thought about it for a moment and after a full and serious consideration, I said, "Okay. Fine. But if this goes sideways, I really don't know what to do."

After hearing my approval, Minhyuk took out his phone and called Chief Jung. He puts it on speaker and sets it down on the table. After a few seconds of waiting, her voice started to came out.

"Yeoboseyo? Minhyuk-ssi?" she said.

"Yes, Chief. So, I know that this is pretty wrong and this is going to sound so rididculous, okay? I'm here with Officer Yoo and Officer Lee and we got into a situation. We need you to call off the investigation on Lee Jooheon," Minhyuk explained.

She then said, "What? Look, what you're asking is damn right ridiculous. I can't do that."

Kihyun said, "Please! Someone's life is at stake here. Just hand us the files and we'll investigate."

She stayed silent for a while. But after a few seconds, she sighed and said, "Fine! But, I'm only doing this because I trust you three! Don't make me regret this! You can pick up the files in three hours."

After hearing her last sentence, all three of us let out a reliefed and grateful sighs. Minhyuk then said, "Thankyou! Thankyou!"

Kihyun then said, "Oh, and Chief, can we get a copy of our database from two years ago?"

"Why would yo-"

"Just please," Kihyun pleaded on the phone and after a short while, Chief Jung said, "Fine, give me an extra half hour."

And with that, all three of us thanked her and hung up.

Kihyun then said, "Okay, so, I'm guessing that Jooheon would call you to get his things, so, we need a plan."