Hogwarts Pt.1

(This has inspo from HP storyline and it's a long one hope you like it 😁)

"Hey, do you mind if we join you?"

"Of course you can, there's plenty of room."

"Thanks. Hey, you guys! This one is good."

A trio of boys walked into the train compartment and stuffed their luggage onto the racks above before sitting down. 

"What're your names?" a boy with wild black hair and a sporting grin asked to the two boys already in the compartment.

"My name is Lan Xichen but you can call me Zewu-jun if you like, I don't mind. And this is my younger brother Lan Wangji. And you?" the older boy asked with a kind smile.

"My name's Wei Wuxian but you can call me Wei Ying. This is my best friend Jiang Cheng and our new friend Nie Huaisang."

"All first years?"

"Yes, I'm so excited. What about you?"

"I'm in my third year but my brother is first year too. Right Lan Zhan?"

"Hm." the younger replied with a quick glance at the new arrivals before returning to his book.

"Lan Zhan, what are you reading? Hogwarts: A History, huh? Is it good?" Wei Ying asked.

"Hm."

"Okay. What house are you in? Wait, let me guess... Ravenclaw." he answered after scanning Lan Xichen for a moment. "And I bet you'll be in it too?" he asked the younger brother.

"I don't know yet."

"I want to be in Gryffindor. My whole family, well..." he paused and a small frown came over his face as he thought back to this morning.

"Wei Wuxian. We expect you to excel at Hogwarts. You have to succeed in both education and extra-curricular. And you will be in Slytherin. Yes?"

Wei Ying only nodded and after the half-hearted goodbye stumbled onto the train; as the doors shut he let out a sigh of freedom. Finally!

"Your family name is Wei, right? Your whole family has been in Slytherin. Why do you want to be in Gryffindor?"

"Let's just say I don't agree with the family values. I want to do right by the world." he confessed.

He saw Lan Zhan's face look at him from over the top of his book and his eyes looked intrigued, like Wei Ying was a puzzle he wanted to solve...

"And you? What houses do you want?" Lan Xichen asked his friends.

"I'm hoping for Gryffindor too." said Jiang Cheng with a proud face. "Where dwell the brave of heart!"

"Maybe hufflepuff? I'm not sure. I don't know what I'm good at. But I like to help others." Nie Huaisang spoke softly, not looking up at any of them.

"I know you will be put where you belong even if you don't believe it. I thought I would be in Hufflepuff yet the hat chose Ravenclaw in the end. Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

The compartment was full of excited chatter from the boys and wise advice from Zewu-jun as the hours ticked by and the scenery changed from villages to fields to mountains to rivers and valleys. When the trolley lady stopped by Wei Ying brought a handful of everything and it was shared between them.

Then, finally, the train slowed to a stop as the sky became a beautiful deep blue. Loud scuffling grew in the corridors as all of the students rushed happily from the train, anticipating the delicious feast they would enjoy later that evening.