Chapter 1: Prayers

Bird's softly chirp in the blue sky as I shamefully walked to the school would be going at for a while. I was nervous for what the other students would think of me. They would definitely know why I was there. They would call me gay over and over again. What if I Fuck up?! What if I never get out of there?!

My mind wanders more as I thought of how I got here in the first place.

"Travis Phelps! What is this?!" He said as he shoved the letter I wrote about Sal a week ago.

"Father I-" He inturruped me.

"I thought I didn't raise a faggot! I raised a son."

He pins me to the wall as he slaps me across my tear stained cheeks.

"You are an abomination! God doesn't love dykes like you! You will burn in hell of this isn't fixed."

"What did I do to get this? A gay son?"

He throws me on the ground.

"Go to you room!"

I booked it to my room. I slunched against the door as I bring my knees to my shoulders. I put my hands together and started to pray for forgiveness.

"D-Dear Lord, P-Please f-forgive me... for h-having homosexual th-thoughts... Pl-Please forgive my stupidity..."I sniffed."A-Amen...."

I slumped to my bed... And cried myself to sleep...

~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning. Scared shitless to leave my room.

I heard a small knock on door.

"Hey head downstairs, we need to talk..." It was Father.

'This is it... I'm getting disowned!' I thought as tears formed in the creases of my eye. I wipe my face with the sleeve of my sweater, I'm not gonna fucking cry again...

I walked downstairs and head to the kitchen table.

"So... I'm sending you to a Catholic boarding school. You leaving at nine this morning, so if I was you, I would start packing things you want to take with you."

"What...?"

"DO I NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF?!"

"N-No I-I h-heard you!"

"Then go pack and you can eat some breakfast." My mother said sweetly.

"Okay..."

"Here's one of the uniforms. You'll be starting class right when you get there."

"Okay..."

I walk to my room shocked on what just happened.

I was being sent to a Catholic school....

Once I was packed and changed, I headed back downstairs.

"You look so handsome honey, but your missing some things." She took the glasses I usually only wear when I'm reading something, and puts them on my face."

"Moooom!"

"Ah ah ah! I'm not done yet!" She hands me a little black box."I was gonna wait for your birthday but I think you'd appreciate it more now."

I open it up to see a small gold cross necklace with a few gems on the cross.

It shines like a rainbow in the light.