Chapter Two: Getting Help.

(Trigger Warning: Mention of suicide.)

12:30 am
Forks, Washington
Edward's POV

I was running. I made it home, with her in my arms, in about 5 minutes. I was glad I had finished hunting before I saved her, but even though I wasn't too thirsty, her scent was tempting me. I knew I needed to get her to Carlisle before I did something I would regret.

"Carlisle!" I shouted from outside, even though I knew he would hear me even if I wasn't yelling. "Carlisle, I need your help!"

I jogged up the steps to the front door. Carlisle was already there, opening the door for me.

"What happened to her?" He asked, gesturing to the girl in my arms

"She was attacked, by another vampire." I told him. "I couldn't just ignore her scream. I had to help her."

"And what about the vampire?" He asked, taking her from me. "Was he alone?"

"I tore him apart and burned the pieces." I replied. "And I didn't see any others with him or around the area. So can you help her?"

"What did he do to her?" He questioned. "Did he bite her?"

"No, he didn't get a chance." I said. "But, he did break her leg."

Carlisle nodded. I looked again at the unconscious girl, and I hadn't noticed this about her before, because I was too busy trying to save her, but she was absolutely beautiful.  I instantly felt the need to protect her from anyone or anything that tried to hurt her.

"Edward." My adoptive dad said, looking at me in concern. "I'm going to bring her to my office. It shouldn't take me too long to get what I need in order to help her, but why don't you hunt for a little while. I can tell her scent is making you thirsty."

"Okay." I said reluctantly. I didn't want to leave her, but Carlisle was right. I didn't want to risk killing her. I ran into the woods surrounding the house, deciding to take about ten minutes to hunt.

------------------------------
Ten minutes later
------------------------------

I finished my hunt and made my way back to the house.

I was walking up the front steps when I heard another scream, it belonged to a woman, but it didn't belong to the one I rescued. She sounded enraged.

Someone was in Carlisle's office with him and the girl. I ran in just as a female vampire threw Carlisle across the room into a table full of medical equipment. Then she turned to the young woman on the examination table, who was awake and staring at the red-eyed vampire in horror. The vampire spoke.

"The one who saved you earlier tonight killed my mate, the one who was going to kill you." She said. "I can tell he feels something for you, despite the fact that you two just met. I can sense the emotions of those nearby without even looking at them. So, a life for a life. Any last words?"