One

-JJ-

The Pogues were laying on hammocks at Sarah's beach house that no one else in her family used. There were only three so Sarah and John B laid together and so did JJ and Kiara. Pope called the hammock with no one else earlier that night.

Kiara's shoulder was pressed up against his as they chatted with their friends. JJ couldn't stop looking at her. The way the moonlight catches in her eyes. The way she smiles and laughs constantly. He couldn't help but inch closer to her.

"Alright guys, I'm heading inside." Pope said as he stumbled out of the hammock.

"Night bro," JJ said tiredly as he threw up a peace sign.

"Yeah, we're gonna head inside too." Sarah said also getting up with John B.

After the three of them were inside, JJ and Kiara were left alone. They laid there for a minute, it was peaceful. Nice. "JJ" he heard Kiara whisper. He hummed in response. She sat up and grabbed his hand which was drawing circles on her thigh. JJ didn't even realize.

"Shit, sorry Kie." He said apologetically as he sat up too. He looked down. Kiara lifted his chin up so he would face her. JJ searches her face for some answers, but found none. He eventually let his gaze fall down to her lips. Hopefully, she didn't notice.

They were so close now that JJ could feel her breath on his lips. "I-" Kiara said, interrupting herself with a sigh. JJ took that as a way of saying no, that she didn't want this.

JJ got out of the hammock, "Imma head inside." She nodded and laid back down. He went through the house as quietly as he could.

JJ and Kiara were sharing a room, well they were separated by a thin door, but it was all one room. He laid down on the air mattress that Kiara brought for him. He couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. He was being so stupid. Obviously, she didn't want to be with him, so why was he still hung up on her.

About half an hour later, Kiara came into their room. Thinking that JJ was asleep she stumbled into her side of the room. JJ could hear her close the doors and climb into bed.

He couldn't sleep that night. Too wrapped up in his thoughts.