Five

-JJ-

As Kiara stumbled on her words, JJ could feel the anger rising in him. He wanted to punch him in the face. His fists were clenched. He got up to run out the door.

"JJ," Kiara whispered behind him. JJ turned around. "Can you stay with me?"

He was hesitant at first, but ended up sitting down with her. He pulled her into a hug. Kiara tried to keep a brave face on, but it didn't work. She started sobbing into his chest. JJ ran his fingers through her hair, whispering reassuring words in her ears.

A little while later, Kiara fell asleep in his arms. JJ laid her down on the bed.

"Hey where's Kiara?" Sarah said as JJ left the room.

"She is sleeping, so be quiet." He responded, putting his fingers to his lips.

They all watched another movie and went to bed.

-

The next morning, JJ woke up at 10. "Fuck it's late," he murmured to himself. He got up and went to check on Kiara. When he opened the door, she wasn't in there. JJ went to go see if she was in the kitchen, she wasn't there either. He got more and more anxious every room or place he checked. She wasn't in any of them.

"Hey JJ," John B said, as he left his room. "You okay?"

JJ ignored the question, "where's Kie?"

John B paused for a second then said, "on the hammock. Why?" JJ walked outside, letting the door slam behind him. A wave of relief washed over him when he saw Kiara laying on the hammock, reading a book.

"Hey," she said when she realized he was standing there.

"Hey. What are you reading?" JJ asked, not taking his eyes off of her. She picked the book up so he could see the cover. "Oh, cool."

"Do you wanna come lay with me?" Kiara said patting the other side of the hammock.

"Yeah, sure," he said walking over to her. She shifted to the end of the hammock as he got on.

"Um, about last night," she started, as she stared at him. "Can you not tell them?" She said as she gestured towards the house.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." He reassured. JJ felt like they deserved to know, but he knew that this was a touchy topic for her and that it was her secret to tell, not his. "Are you gonna tell Sarah?"

She turned away from him, "I don't know, maybe." He nodded.