Part 6

Almost a week passed and I hadn't heard a word from Austin. I didn't go to see Josh, but we had rescheduled it for next Friday. I had called Austin and sent him texts, but nothing worked. I missed him. A lot. Even thought I had only known him for a little bit, I felt this connection with him. I wanted to talk to him badly, but apparently he didn't want to talk to me, which hurt me. I spent that week with him always in the back of my mind, and I would find myself checking my phone, then being disappointed when I didn't see his name. On the seventh day of not talking to Austin, I went to the hospital to talk to Evan. I haven't seen him in a while because he hadn't been feeling well and he had been sleeping a lot. "Hey Evan." he turned his head to look at me. "Hey Evey, why do you sound so sad? Is is Austin?" "Wait, how did you know?" he meekly smiled and said, "Austin has been visiting me this last week. We've been talking about some interesting topics, and you were one of the hot topics. He was always talking about you." I glared at him, but inside I was ecstatic.He was talking about me with Evan? "Well if he's been talking about me to you so much, then why hasn't he talked to me?" Evan sighed sadly. "Well its obvious. He doesn't want to get hurt, so he stopped talking with you. Once he heard about Josh, he knew it was better for him to back away because he didn't want to get hurt. Like I said before, the poor guy was had tough luck with women." I sat quietly for a moment. Evan glanced around and asked, "How do you feel about Austin, Evey?" I sighed. "I like him, a lot. I miss talking to him, and I just wish that I could see him. I just... I just really miss him. He was the sweetest guy ever, and I know you're gonna hate me for saying this, but I miss his lips." I laughed. "He's a great kisser." I heard a laugh behind me. "You're a pretty great kisser yourself." I turned around and  there was Austin Carlile, leaning against the doorway. "Evelyn, is that really how you feel about me?" I nodded. "I really like you Austin. Josh... I didn't even want to see him because I was too busy thinking about you. It killed me not talking to you, my guardian angel." we both smiled and he walked over to me and engulfed me in an embrace. My head barely reached his chest, and I felt so fragile when we held me, but I felt so safe. "I was dying to hug you again, and I though I would never talk to you again." I shifted to where my arm was around Austin's waist and his was around my arm. "Evan, you knew he was standing behind me and you didn't say a word!!" he had a huge grin on his face. "I knew you wouldn't say how you truly felt about him. I was doing you both a favor, seeing as Austin was just as miserable as you were." I looked up at him and said is that true?" he nodded and said, "It killed me not being able to be near you." I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Well now you're stuck with me for a while." He hugged me and said, "I wouldn't have it any other way."