introduction

THERE WILL COME A SOLDIER

The princess was best friends with Cooper growing up. He was just a few years older than her, but he still always found time for her. The son of a wealthy lord, Cooper was destined for greatness. Not that she would ever admit it, but the princess always favored him.

WHO CARRIES A MIGHTY SWORD

The princess inevitably grew apart from the knight-in-training, as most childhood friends do. Despite all of this, the princess' feelings for him never changed. Whenever she passed him in a corridor or saw him on the grounds, she could always count on a friendly smile, even if she longed for it to be more.

HE WILL TEAR YOUR CITY DOWN

As the kingdom fell to the dark queen, Cooper was the princess' rock. As if the time apart had only strengthened their bond, Cooper was always a comforting presence at her side, whether it be a shoulder to cry on or a friend to babble on for hours with. Neither of them knew the slowly intensifying feelings of love were mutual.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

THERE WILL COME A POET

The moment the princess met Noah, when vibrant green eyes met stormy grey, she knew her life was changed forever. The princess was everything she was described as in the stories Noah read as a child, bubbly, pure of heart, beautiful, and charismatic. She made him want to compose poems upon poems, simply because the way she made him feel was entirely too good to be true.

WHOSE WEAPON IS HIS WORD

Noah had the sharp wit and graceful demeanor that the princess couldn't get enough of. He was a curiosity to her, like nothing she'd ever seen before. And she loved it. Noah made the princess feel free, like anything was possible.

HE WILL SLAY YOU WITH HIS TONGUE

As the days grew darker, the princess knew she could always count on Noah, even if it was just for a quick distraction. The princess loved his fantastical stories he would tell. He made life like a fairytale, one that the princess didn't want to end. Noah didn't want it to end, either.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

THERE WILL COME A RULER

The princess wasn't at all put off by her and Schlatt's first conversation. In fact, it only drew her to him more. The man was a living, breathing mystery that the princess wanted to solve.

WHOSE BROW IS LAID IN THORN

If anything, Schlatt was an enigma. Dark and mysterious, the princess couldn't help but be drawn to him. After all, as the saying goes, opposites attract. Even if he acted like he could care less about her, Schlatt craved the princess' presence. There was something particularly intoxicating about someone so full of life.

SMEARED WITH OIL LIKE DAVID'S BOY

Schlatt was by no stretch power-hungry, just a natural leader. Of course he wanted to be king, who wouldn't? However, there was nothing he wouldn't do to protect the princess. Call it loyalty, or love, but he would not let any darkness taint the embodiment of light, even if the darkness was himself.

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

OH LEI OH LAI OH LORD

The princess couldn't quite fathom how, but she found herself falling in love with three utterly different men. Her soldier, her poet, and her king.