2

𝙄𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
"You don't want to hide, cause you're just like me."

♥

After an hour of walking with a bag on her head, they suddenly halt. Carefully, she listens to the men speaking in Spanish. Despite the lack of meaning behind the words, this indicated that they finally returned.

Irritation & guilt consumed the young woman. Her brothers died for what? For her to get captured? Her throat tightened. Eyes shutting close, lowering in shame.

"You brought back my precious gem! Good!" The familiar voice exclaims in excitement. Her blindfold suddenly is pulled from her face, revealing her brothers killer.

Gemma scowled at him.

"I heard you gave my men a hard time, princesa. Even shanked poor Carlos in the leg! I'm impressed, really, I am... I didn't think you had it in you..." He says in amusement, despite her little getaway awhile ago.

"Why the long face?" Vaas questions. Finally deciding to point out her look of irritation.

Gemma remained silent. Which was harder task than it seemed. Because internally, the girl was screaming. Gemma wanted to lash out. She wanted to hurt him. Force him to feel the pain she had felt. If that was even was possible. Because Vaas didn't appear to be the type to feel. Tears eventually made an appearance, much to her unliking.

"Is it because you almost got away? Too be honest, I'd be pretty pissed too." He laughs.

"You killed my brothers." She mutters, glaring at the man angrily. 

"No, no, no, Correction: I killed one brother... The jungle killed the other one." He continues to voice in amusement, causing her hands to bawl up into fists.

"Fuck you." She spats defiantly.

Vaas quickly latches her face in between his hand. "You are angry, Gemma—Okay? I get that. I get it. I mean without family who the fuck are we?" He rambles, revealing to her unrecognizable expression. Could it be sorrow? I mean—it sounded genuine. She recognized the pain behind the words. But just before she could question it, his stunning grey eyes turned a shade darker in color.

"But that doesn't mean you are allowed to shout profanities towards me. No, no, when you are with me... YOU SHOW SOME GODDAMN RESPECT!" He mutters, his grip gradually tightening as he spoke.

"Do. you. understand?" He mutters in the ear of the woman, who remained still under his grasp. Clearly spooked at his sudden shift in behavior.
"Do you understand?!" He shouts in her face again, his grip tightening until her cheeks painfully squished together.