3

Ultimatum
"Caught between the tides of pain and rapture."

Gemma figured the leaders unbalanced state was due to some sort of family trauma

Gemma figured the leaders unbalanced state was due to some sort of family trauma. How did she come to this conclusion? Well with being locked up for hours on end, your mind only begins to put pieces of puzzles together. And man, was Vaas a difficult one to figure out...

Since the leader was so unpredictable. The blonde needed to tread carefully. Because despite his fondness of her, he proved being trigger happy.

"Ah, there you are!" Vaas exclaims, making his entrance.

"Where else would I be?" She asks, dramatically jiggling the chain clamped around her ankle.
He smirks, leaning over the backside of the battered couch. "Laying in my bed sprawled out naked... with your hands in between your legs." He hums almost optimistic. Which makes her  huff. 'Very Wishful thinking, she thought.

"I doubt my dog chain would let me get that far." She sarcastically murmurs, rolling onto her side.
The crazed man laughed in response, walking around. Before keeling down in front of her.
"You, my little gem, are very lucky your worth a lot. Cause' that mouth of yours would've gotten you in trouble long time ago." He sings, playfully tapping his finger against her nose with a smile.

Gemma had to compel herself, making sure to return the smile. He wanted something. Men always want something...

"What do you want?"

"Actually, it's more of what you want... What would you kill for right now? Hm?" He voices, springing to his feet again, nearing the lonesome metal chair nearby. 'What kind of question is that? A trick, perhaps?

"My freedom."

"Oi, don't be a smart ass." He snaps, pointing his finger. Gemma wash the one to huff this time.

"A shower or bath would sound nice..."

The moment she answered his question, Vaas unhooked the chains. Guiding her across camp in a haste. Gemma didn't utter a word, in fear of ruining this opportunity. But upon nearing the stage, she began to wonder if it was such...

A group of hostages knelt in line—Male, females, Old, and young. Different ethics & nationality. Judging by their attire; unlucky tourists. Like herself.

The girl finally takes note of Vaas handgun rested in his palm. 'What would you kill for right about now?'

It was too good to be true. Gemma should've known better to trust him so easily...

"Pick one." He instructs her.

"No fucking way." She snapped, eyeing him with a look of disgust. Vaas scratches his head with the barrel. "Then I guess you don't get what you want..." He shrugs.

Gemma felt filthy. She probably reeked at this point. Her hair was grimy, she was covered in sweat, and her breath had to be unpleasant.

Would she put down another human being in order to feel a little bit more comfortable?

The old man faces etched in fear. Despite his silence, his eyes pleaded. Begging to be spared. All while an ravishing young woman sat beside him. Her clothes ripped, skin scattered with bruises. Unlike the man, her eyes remained still. Staring straight into the abyss; as if she had no fight left in her.

"Come on, i'll help you." Vaas interjects, placing the gun into her palms  "There we go." He sings lowly, whole leveling it toward the older gentlemen. The side of Vaas's face presses against her own. Which only made her heartbeat thrash harder against her chest.

"I-I can't." She stutters out. But Vaas quickly tugs her hips into his own. "Yes, you can."  He reassuringly whispers into her ear, waiting patiently for her to act.

The old man  or  the suffering woman? That was what she had to decide. Who deserves to live? & who dies?

Gemma's gun remained on the old man. Why not? He already lived his life to the fullest. Or  would it be better off to end the woman's suffering?

"No. N-No I can't." Gemma tells him, voice shaking. "I won't." She corrects in an assertive manner.

Vaas's jaw clenched in irritation. 'Defiant', he thought. It was a simple order. Before her aim could falter, the man presses his finger down onto her own.

B A N G

The sound of the bullet firing, whizzing into the old man's skull. She cries out, watching his body fall backwards. Vaas quickly guides the weapon towards the woman, firing it off into another's skull.

"Wow! I give you one and you take two?! You greedy, you..."

"But you said..." She trails off, watching the pool of blood slowly begin to soak her bare feet.

"I know—but you fucking reek..." Vaas whispers, before guiding her away from the stage.

Amidst being escorted towards a four wheeler buggy, she spots Oliver. Who watched the scene unfold from his made-shift cage. If Oliver was still breathing, did that mean so we're the others?