8 ; best friends

the two highschool boys entered the empty korean restaurant, a soft, calming song playing in the background, setting a cosy and relaxing atmosphere. taehyung and jungkook both sat down at a small table at the corner of the shop, the pretty streets of seoul in display outside of the window.

"hi! i'll have one of the black noodles! and he'll have-" taehyung started, excited because he hadn't eaten lunch that day. mac and cheese, he shivered.

"the same and also a plate of korean barbecue chicken wings."

taehyung and jungkook talked about everything funny that had happened to them in school. taehyung talked about his old school and jungkook exposed all of their friends, without a care in the world to what they would say when they found out. the two were laughing so obnoxiously loud that even the workers couldn't help but stare at them. however, their judgemental looks didn't stop them from banging on the tables and completely losing their minds, as if they were on some stuff.

"you don't even know! jin literally made namjoon eat a raw egg because he made him believe it would make his hair 'naturally' blonde!" jungkook said in between breaths, trying to collect himself while the younger almost cried at the story.

and after they finished their food, despite being full, they decided to get dessert so that they could continue talking in the dimlit, pretty restaurant.

"taehyung, you're hilarious," jungkook could barely speak from how much he was laughing. the other was smiling widely too.

"don't tell jiminie this, but you're also my best friend," taehyung said giggling, shoving a big spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. jungkook noticed how taehyung's smile resembled a rectangle and he found it admirable.

"could say the same," jungkook dug his spoon into their shared bowl of ice cream.

suddenly, taehyung's phone started ringing and he immediately scavenged through his pocket to answer the call. he saw that it was his mom and he unhesitatingly answered it, but obviously after telling jungkook to shut up.

"mom?"

"hey taehyung! minseo wasn't feeling well
today. i would come to fetch you but it's
only seven and i don't get off till nine."

"it's okay! i can take the bus home mom. drive safe!"

"be safe too! i love you, taehyung."

taehyung looked up to see jungkook staring at him and his cheeks flared in embarrassment before quietly replying, "love you too, mom."

he saw jungkook smile from the corner of his eyes, "i'm sorry, that was my mom," taehyung said, still red, "my driver can't pick me up so i need to take the bus."

"don't bother, i can send you home," jungkook said unfazed, scraping the already empty bowl of ice cream.

"jungkook, i don't want to trouble you anymore," taehyung said, slightly pouting at how nice he was being.

"shut up, taehyung. i'm driving you home. i don't care what you say," he said as he he playfully rolled his eyes. taehyung chuckled, not bothering to fight back with the stubborn boy who was shamelessly licking the empty bowl.

"your phone's vibrating, dummy. stop eating non-existent ice-cream," taehyung says, pulling the older boy's phone to him.

"oh my god! jungkook! you have 23 messages and 9 missed calls!" taehyung shoved the phone in jungkook's face, who was still very much unbothered, "answer it!"

jungkook groaned.

and then his voice changed dramatically, a dead and unbothered reaction changed into a bright and loving one.

"hey baby, i'm so sorry. my phone was dead ever since school and i just got home."

taehyung stared at the whole scene in awe, eyes bulging at the uncontrollable lies that were falling out of his mouth so smoothly.

"sooyeonie! please forgive me- baby you know i can't meet you right now."

after what seemed like forever, their little argument ended.

"okay baby, when i see you i'll kiss you so much. love you!" jungkook ended the call and shoved his phone in his pocket, leaning his head over the chair.

"i thought she wasn't your girlfriend?"

"she isn't. i don't like her at all. it's just fun to flirt and mess around when i'm free."

"you're a jerk, you know?"

"let's just leave. talking to her made me have a headache, i swear."

it was then when they realised that one of them had to pay. they stayed still in their seat, both trying to fool the other. "um-" they both started, turning their heads to face each other in unison.

taehyung and jungkook pushed off their chairs before sprinting to the counter, rushing to be the first to pay. "that'll be 11230 won," the unbothered cashier spoke.
taehyung got there first and was going to reach out for his wallet when he felt a strong pair of arms wrap around his tiny waist lift him up in the air.

"jungkook!" taehyung shrieked in the air, wanting to beat the hell out of the older boy. jungkook twirled around and let him down far from the cashier before running back to the counter.

"i'll p-" jungkook was interrupted when taehyung shoved his wallet in front of the male.

"please, please just pay," the same, poor worker stood in front, forced to watch the two animals claw at each other. she had been dealing with them for more than two hours and she really wished she didn't let them in.

"jungkook shut up!" taehyung was about to push the older boy away when he felt jungkook pick him up by his thighs and throwing him over his shoulders.

the boy slipped 12000 won on the cashier before running out the door while yelling, "keep the change and thank you!"

"jungkook i will murder you if you don't put me down right now!" taehyung whisper screamed, not wanting to attract attention from people outside because or else they might think that he was being kidnapped. altough he did really, really want to hit the boy, he didn't want him to actually go to jail. he thought.

jungkook quickly opened the car door and let taehyung get into the passenger's seat before going over to the other side. once he shut the car door, taehyung felt his blood boil and he was about to scream his lungs out at the other for embarrassing him in front of so many people. however, when he saw jungkook's stupid, annoying, stupid, grinning face, they both broke into a fit of laughter.

"i hate you so much, jesus!" taehyung said, poking a finger on the other's forehead, pushing him back.

after a while of them laughing at no particular thing, even an empty, abandoned shopping cart, at one point, jungkook pulled on the driving lever. "okay! direct me to your house, you dummy."

the real drama is going to start soon :) tbh, i'm trying my best to take it slow and not rush into everything so quickly so i'm so sorry if it's a little boring now but i promise it will get better very soon :( please comment and vote so i know you're reading! i love you <3