9 : i like you

"don't you have to be home soon? you didn't even text your mom or dad that you'd be home late," taehyung asked, hand moving to lower the volume of the loud music they were previously screaming too.

"i live alone, tae," jungkook chuckled.

"o-oh."

"my parents aren't dead though. don't get worried," jungkook laughed, letting his hands rest on taehyung's thigh, in a comforting way to the boy who seemed to have felt bad for asking.

taehyung turned to look at him, "then?"

"they left around five months ago. one morning, they just came in my room and told me they were leaving for the states the following week. they didn't even give me a chance to say anything against it. then, to 'apologise'," jungkook mocked, "they bought me a sick apartment."

"i'm sorry jungkook."

"why? the apartment's pretty cool and they give me a bunch of money every month because they love me," jungkook said as he laughed, but taehyung didn't think his laugh was genuine.

"we're here!"

jungkook pulled over before parking his audi outside the younger boy's house.

"hey, do you want to come in for a bit?" taehyung offered.

"sure," jungkook grinned, "will your mom mind a stranger intruding?"

"she's not home yet but i doubt she'd mind. my baby sister and the maid are home, though."

"you have a little sister?" jungkook asked, getting out of the car. taehyung followed him, reaching into his bag for his house keys. "yeah, she's cute but she can be really annoying," he giggled softly.

taehyung's house was pretty and big. it gave off a cosy and comfortable vibe, a house that belongs to a happy family. jungkook thought.

as he opened the door, taehyung was met with a small girl running towards him, immediately jumping on her brother. taehyung easily lifted the small girl, kissing her small nose. "hey jirae, why aren't you sleeping?" taehyung asked. she shook her head, pouting lightly, "not sleepy today."

taehyung gently placed her back down before going to lock the house door.

jungkook stood, silently, and rather awkwardly at the girl who was emotionlessly staring at him. he tried to smile at her but the girl didn't budge at all, slowly tilting her head at the tall boy. jungkook quickly moved to stand behind taehyung.

taehyung laughed at jungkook's interaction with his little sister.

"who are you?" she asked, mumbling something after.

"i-i'm jungkook, taehyungie's friend. pleasure to meet you jirae," jungkook said, squatting down to shake the girl's hand.

the girl was quick to ignore his handshake and instead wrap her small arms around him, taking the older boy by surprise. "i like you!"

jungkook smiled widely, releasing a breath he didn't even know he was holding. he engulfed the tiny girl in his big frame, almost like she was a little doll.

taehyung scoffed, "you don't even know him, jirae."

jungkook lifted the little girl, spinning her around as she burst in a fit of giggles. "don't be jealous, big bro," jungkook cooed.

jungkook spent the rest of the hour playing with taehyung's sister, who had practically fallen in love with the boy. after a while, the little girl who had been laughing and running around the bedroom frantically, finally got tired.