Chapter 16

*Hazel's P.O.V*

Luke and I get out of the hospital today and I don't think I've been happier to go home in my entire life. Yea I still have to be careful and Luke and I have to stay in bed but at least we get to go home. Ashton packed up some stuff for us. Luke's felt pretty odd laying around in sweats for a week instead of skinny jeans. And the same goes for me. I miss my ripped jeans and leggings and warm sweaters and cuddles by the fireplace.

I missed being home more than anything. I can cuddle up into my chair and watch Netflix all on my own and no one can say anything. I can watch my shows endlessly and no one in the house is gonna bother me. I mean if it's an off day they might. Ashton is usually in the room with me watching tv or eating. He's kind of like a puppy that follows you were ever you go but protects you from evil.

Ashton hasn't really left my side since I've ventured home. I think he feels bad for me, or he thinks that I can't take care of myself. Which can be true sometimes. Michael isn't around very often any more. He got a job working at a comic book shop a few blocks from the house. He walks to work every morning at 6 and I have no idea how he does it. It use to take me hours to get him out of bed to go to school. Speaking of school. I have been doing it online. As have the other boys. We keep up with our work until we all go back together. If one can't go we all don't go. I'm glad we're like that sometimes but I wish we weren't. I like being alone and I think the boys will never let me have that. Which is fine I guess.

I'm not going to sit at home anymore. I'm going outside and I'm going to go for a nice run around the block. I should be fine My ribs are healed enough. I looked at Ashton and ran up the stairs to find some yoga pants and a jumper. It was kinda chilly out today. He looked at me with a strange confused look. I grabbed some of my stuff and one of Micheal's blink jumpers. I pulled it over my head and pulled my socks on as I tumbled down the stairs. I pulled on some of my comfy running shoes and snagged my phone off the table. I ran out the door before Ashton could say no. As soon as I made my way out the door I ran to Michael's work. I walked in the door slowly and smiled at the little old man looking at comics in the corner. Michael came out dressed in his usual band tee and skinny jeans. His face lit up as soon as he saw me.

"Hey baby! I didn't know you were coming." he giggled giving me a hug like he hadn't seen me in months. It probably feels like that because I haven't really seen much of him in the past week. He's been working lots and as soon as he gets home he's doing homework.

"Yea I needed to get out of the house, Ash and I have been watching movies all day and I missed you. I haven't seen you all week." I pouted holding his hands.

"I know, I've been busy with work and school and I've been sleeping on the couch because I don't wanna wake you up in the middle of the night." he said playing with my fingers.

"I don't care if you wake me up, I want you there with me. I make room for you so that when you decide to come to bed you don't have to sleep on the edge."

"I'll come to bed tonight and cuddle with you. And we can watch Lord of the Rings and eat some yummy stuff okay? Just me and you."

"That sounds good to me. Let me know if Saul needs any more help here. I could use a job." I smiled kissing him quickly.

"Kids these days aren't like you two," the old man said wandering over with some spider man comics.

"How so?" Michael asked the man punching in the prices.

"You have a true spark there like me and my Betty. She's the love of my life and I married her 60 years ago. I hope you two get 60 years." he smiled pulling out his money to pay for the comics.

"Don't worry sir, this ones on me." I smiled paying Michael for the comics.

"Thank you kind young lady, I can't wait to read these." He smiled putting his money back and taking his little bag of comics.

"Hey, you just leave us all those comics in your will okay? We'll take good care of them." I laughed.

"I'll be back in a few days with the papers, I'm leaving you those comics." he smiled.

He walked out of the store before I could say anything. I was shocked. Michael looked stunned and stopped breathing.

"You know how long that guy has been buying comics here?" he gasped

"How long?"

"Since he was our age." He puffed out.

Michael was having the hardest fanboy moment I've ever witnessed. Saul came out of the back room and greeted Michael.

"And who's this pretty lady?" He asked politely shaking my hand.

"This is my girlfriend Hazel." Michael smiled.

"Well she looks like a keeper man," he said handing Michael a box of old comics.

"Oooooooo, any Ninja turtles in there?" I smiled following Michael with the box.

"You need a job honey?" Saul asked as I started helping Michael with the comics.

"Um yes actually," I smiled putting a new addition of Captain America in it's place.

"You're hired, I want you here at 6 am when Michael get's here. We all order lunch together and you can eat in the store as long as you keep things clean and don't damage the comics. When can you start?"

"Now," I smiled taking in the happiness of the store. So many new people to meet.