conversation.

GIVEN
会話 || Conversation

◦ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ◦

        After I saw Mafu, Uenonyama really wanted to figure out my relationship with him. I couldn't tell if it was out of jealousy or curiosity, but either way, he wanted to know. But, if Uenonyama still doesn't know my relationship with Mafu, even after he chased after him, I felt like it wasn't my place to talk about what had happened.

I did ask Uenonyama for one thing and that was Mafu's number. I didn't want to pull any moves on him or anything like that, but Uenonyama doubted my intentions for some reason. He trusts Mafu, a kid he's just met, over me, someone he's known since we played little league baseball together.

I guess I haven't given him any reasons to trust me though, and that goes for the other guys in The Seasons. They always like to talk about their problems, like Yayoi and Akihiko, but then again I think everyone knows about those two. What I'm trying to say is I haven't even told them Hiiragi's name or shown a picture of him so they probably assume I don't trust them, which isn't true in the slightest. I trust them a lot, actually. The reason I don't tell them things is because I don't want them to be embarrassed by me, or something petty like that. The guys don't even know that I had a twin brother.

Anyways... I got Mafu's new number, he changed it to make sure that Hiiragi and I didn't spam call or text him probably. Shizu is way more laid back than the two of us. Mafu and I decided to meet at a coffee shop to talk things out once and for all. I feel guilty for what happened, and little did either of us know, so did he, even if he didn't know exactly what that feeling was. He definitely felt it. Just like Hiiragi does. And just like Shizu does.

So here I am, at a coffee shop in the early hours of the day. I don't know how or why Mafu likes this time of day. I had to wake up at five in the morning just to be sure I'd get here at least thirty-minutes early, and that's without getting dressed up. My ginger buddy isn't even here yet so I'm stood outside the shop in freezing weather. I was never one for cold temperatures, in fact my mom would usually opt for a warmer vacation whenever we could go on one because of how much I struggled in cold temperatures.

It's really not even all that cold, but I probably have one more extra layer than most people, the two jackets I'm wearing make me at least ten pounds heavier than I normally am. "Hi," a soft voice interjects my thoughts.

"AH!" I shout then turn around to where the voice came from with my hands raised above my head. I'm met face to face with Mafu who is a blank expression with an underlying concern. "Oh! S-Sorry if I scared you, Mafu..." I mutter awkwardly. "Let's go inside, It's cold out here isn't it?"

"Sure," he replies. He's definitely not wearing as many layers as I am... how embarrassing. We enter the shop and I immediately notice a temperature difference from outside and begin to shrug off my outer jacket as we make it to a two-person table.

We sit in silence for a while after ordering our drinks and then getting them. Mafu puts at least four packets of sugar into his brown coffee which is slowly turning into a lighter color. He has the same sweet tooth as he always did.

"The other day was kinda intense when both Hiiragi and me showed up," I mumble and stir the black straw around in my coffee. It's much darker than Mafu's. He nods his head while taking a sip of his drink. "Kinda harsh that you ran away from us," I chuckle softly.

"A little," he replies when he sets down his coffee. And we're back to silence. I knew that it wasn't going to be the most interactive conversation, but this is even worse than I imagined.

"I guess there's no easy way to talk about it," I mumble and rest my chin in my hand. The wind blows outside and a few of the brown leaves that were previously on the pavement ground blow up and hit the glass window. "I'm sorry Mafuyu."

He raises his head abruptly and begins scanning my side profile as if he's trying to figure out why I said what I just did. "But..." he begins to say then holds himself back. "Why?"

I smile lightly then turn to look at him. "I guess I blame myself sometimes," I explain, my pained smile meeting his slightly widened eyes. "If I hadn't left town this wouldn't if happened, huh?"

"That's not..." he mumbles and looks down at his hands which rest on his black jeans. The truth is, the boy didn't know what to say. He didn't know what she was going to say, but he was sure it wasn't anything as heart-breaking as that. "It's not like that..."

"If you were to leave like he did, I couldn't ever live with myself. That's why I need you. You have to understand, Mafuyu... when you left, I lost my best friend. I thought you hated me from the bottom of your heart," I explain to him. Tears threaten to spring from the corners of my eyes, but I hold them in with everything I have left.

"I..." The boy in front of me looks like he's internally struggling. Like he doesn't know what to say, but he knows that he desperately needs to say something. 

"I want to make music with you using Yuki's guitar."