one

━━━─── • ───━━━

The One Where Monica Gets a Roomate

━━━─── • ───━━━

New York

In everyday New York fashion, two women ran down the streets of Manhattan. The first women was drenched in an off the shoulder wedding dress. With a giant, fluffy veil adorning her wet blonde hair. Her name was Rachel Green.

The second woman, like the first, was soaked from the rain. She wore a strapless red dress that looked very uncomfortable. This woman's name was Samantha Farber. Carrying her heels in hand, Samantha stumbled behind Rachel in an effort to keep up.

Samantha watched as Rachel ran into a coffee shop. Central Perk, was its name. She barreled in behind Rachel, stopping short as she realized just how many pairs of eyes were on her.

"Man Rach, you sure run fast," she panted, and stopped to catch her breath. "Do you even kno-"

"Rachel?" A young woman with brown hair and blue eyes questioned. She stood up and made her way over to the soaking girls.

"Oh god, Monica hi." Monica and Rachel hugged. "Thank god! We just went to your building and you weren't there. And this guy with a big hammer said you might be here, and you are. You are," Rachel spoke happily. Samantha stood to the side awkwardly as everyone stared at Rachel.

"Rach?" She leaned over towards the girl whispering. "I'm confused. I thought Monica was the fat one." In response Rachel swatted at her head.

"Can I get you some coffee?" A waitress questioned as she leaned over the bar.

"Decaf," Monica answered pointing at Rachel. "Okay everybody, this is Rachel another Lincoln High survivor. And uhhh-"

"Samantha Farber," interrupting Samantha stuck out her hand to shake. Monica accepted and smiled at the girl. "Call me Sam."

"This is everybody," she continued. "This is Chandler, and Phoebe, and Joey, and Rachel you remember my brother Ross?" She pointed out everyone sitting down. Samantha's eyes fell upon Joey and she couldn't help but notice his good looks.

"Sure," Rachel answered, walking over to Ross. As she went to shake his hand the umbrella he was holding popped open. Awkwardly, Rachel sat down on the couch between Ross and Phoebe. Samantha walked around to the back of the couch as Monica sat on the armrest.

Nobody knew what to do as everyone stared at Rachel curiously. Monica spoke breaking the silence, "So, you wanna tell us now? Or are we waiting for 4 wet bridesmaids?"