four

━━━─── • ───━━━

The One With the Sonogram at the End

━━━─── • ───━━━

At Central Perk Monica and Ross complained about their parents visit. Samantha sat to the right of Phoebe sipping on her coffee. She was oblivious to the fact that Rachel had brought her a random cup she found at the bar.

"Your folks are really that bad, huh?" Joey questioned the Geller siblings.

"Well, y'know, these people are pros," Ross answered. "They know what they're doing, they take their time, they get the job done."

"Boy, I know they say you can't change your parents," Monica rolled her eyes. "Boy, if you could- I'd want yours." She pointed at Ross. Samantha laughed at the irony. She looked towards Joey whose eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. Not wanting to explain the joke, she patted his leg in comfort.

"Must pee," Ross stated getting up. He kissed Monica's forehead before getting up.

"Y'know, it's even worse when you're twins," Phoebe spoke up.

"You're a twin?" Samantha and Rachel asked simultaneously.

"Oh yeah," she answered. "We don't speak. She's like this high-powered, driven career type."

"What does she do?" Chandler questioned.

"She's a waitress," everyone laughed at the answer.

"All right, you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now," Rachel walked over, pushing Chandler's legs out of the way.

"Chandler, you're an only child, right?" Monica stood up. "You don't have any of this."

"Well, no, although I did have an imaginary friend," Chandler trailed off. "Who... my parents actually preferred."

"Ugh," Samantha groaned. "Family can be so complicated."

"The lights, please," Rachel spoke up as everyone was walking out the door.

Joey turned off the light and swung his arm around Samantha's shoulder. Everyone walked out leaving Ross and Rachel alone.

━━━─── • ───━━━

The next day Samantha and Rachel arrived at Barry's office. Rachel was a bundle of nerves and Samantha was trying to calm her down. Although, she didn't feel any better herself.