•.1|| Her Great Escape

Your hand dragged gently across the red, silky petals. The sun's warm beams landed on your face, highlighting your graceful features. A soft smile appeared on your face as you crouched down to the rose bushes, examining their beautiful blood-like color.

"..How beautiful.." You mumble to yourself, tilting your head.

You were just about to smell the flower's fragrance when a timid voice called out to you.

"Princess Y/n? It's time for lunch."

Turning your head towards the female voice, you saw your servant, Rhoslyn. You smiled happily and stood up from your crouching position, brushing off your F/C velvet dress. You picked it up by the sides, and did a small curtsy.

"Thank you for the reminder. I'll be going now." You grinned slightly, leaving your servant to be dumbfounded.

"U-Um, I should escort you-"

You cut off Rhoslyn, hushing her. "Ah, ah. I won't ask you to do that. I can take care of myself, you know?" You smile.

Rhoslyn just stood there, shocked as you left in her wake. You practically ran to the dining room where your family sat, and Rhoslyn sighed.

"Act least act like a proper lady."

Your name is Y/n M/n L/n. Your title is a princess, and you go by Princess Y/n. You almost never leave the castle, whereas everyone else in the village can do as they please. It's not your fault, though. As a royal, you simply aren't allowed to leave, because you may risk getting hurt and ruining that precious face of yours.

You hate it.

You dream of leaving this prissy life behind, starting anew. You want to explore the world, and everything it has to offer. You hear tales of powerful travelers and gods, wanting to meet everyone in this world. Every single race, and every single item. You want to learn about how this world came to existence!

But the one thing you really want to do is find the legendary dragon that lives in the forest not too far from your village.

Ever since you first heard of the story of the dragon, you practically fell in love. The stories described it as powerful, being able to use both fire and ice. You thought that the dragon was the coolest thing in the whole entire world.

Unfortunately, others disagreed. They laughed at you when you tried re-telling the story.. but you still believed.

You believed with all your heart, that you will finally meet this dragon for yourself.

As you barged through the mahogany door, you yelled. "I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" You pant, running into the dining hall.

The room was silent as your family turned their head towards you. They all had disappointed looks on their faces, and it made you chuckle awkwardly as you straightened your posture, dusted off your dress, cleared your throat, and put on a bashful smile. "I-I mean.. Please forgive me for my lack of time keeping. I was distracted in the garden."

You said in posh tone as you walked carefully to the dinner table, sitting down in the seat you always have had. You looked at your family member's faces once more, only to blink and smile at them nervously.

"Eheh.. so.. What are we having for lunch? Meat? Like always? Aweso- I mean.. that's delectable."

If you weren't already awkward and sweaty, you are now. Everyone's eyes were on you, and the air was filled with the silence you created. You scratched your neck and avoided making eye contact.