𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄: Create the Unbreakable Rule

★☆⋆⋆✶★☆⋆⋆✶

𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔:   𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑

(THE PROLOGUE)

𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞

"THAT'S RONNI. Best friend numero dos and the cause of no pogue-on-pogue macking rule...yeah...JJ and I had a pretty rough time through puberty. JJ's still having a rough time. Like the rest of us, she's got some serious mommy issues―Kook-sized mommy issues. She was raised by her dad, around all boys, so she's pretty much one of the guys at this point. Her favorite color is blue, which you will see from the extensive collection she has of everything possible in that color, so never say anything bad about it. Ever. Her dad, Harvey, was best friends with my Dad after her mom left...the Dunweathers are the reason why I'm still standing. I owe them my life."

★☆⋆⋆✶★☆⋆⋆✶

SO HERE'S THE THING. Money changed people. There was a reason why greed was one of the seven deadly sins. It had a habit of bringing out the absolute worst in anyone. So it only made sense that on Kildare Island in the Outer Banks, two worlds were separated by that one feat―money. Those which had it basked in the greed of their material possessions, and those that did not were left with envy―but with two of the most unforgivable sins came the others in suit and never once did the residents of Kildare believe they would find themselves in a remake of The Goonies.

John B. Routledge spent his entire life under the umbrella of envy. As a pogue, he felt it necessary to work for everything he had, something he learned from his father. His dad, Big John, always tried to give him the best life possible with what little he had to give. It was that mentality that made the single-father spend his life obsessing over finding the secret of the island―the hidden treasure, the ghost story―The Royal Merchant. A shipwreck lost somewhere in the depths of the Atlantic circulating Kildare Island, never to be seen again, with four-hundred million dollars worth of gold sinking down with it. A treasure hunt, enough to bring out the inner child and inner greed-hungry evil in anyone.

But that's not where the story began for John B. That's where it ended. The story began with him and his best friends. The Pogues, living in the Outer Banks―paradise on Earth―the pogues, pogies, throwaway fish. Lowest members of the food chain. Used to catch the big fish, ignored and neglected because they could be. They lived on the Cut, struggling to pay for their houses, but managing by doing the dirty work the rich would never do. John B would have never asked for anything more than that―anything more than the four people that stood by his side.