𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: Control Yourself, JJ

★☆⋆✶★☆⋆✶

𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔: 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑

𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐉𝐉

★☆⋆✶★☆⋆✶

Harvey Dunweather only had one child, but he raised three. Over the last eight years or so, he'd grown so accustomed to setting two more plates at the dinner table. He cleared out the backseat of his truck so it could fit two more hooligans on the way home from school. He worked more hours to buy extra food. He fought, tooth and nail, to protect those three kids like his life depended on it. But there were certain things nothing could mend―like death, something he had not yet learned to deal with himself after the loss of his best friend. Like abuse, and the laws which prevented justice from being served. Harvey knew how to fix a lot of things―cars, boats, a microwave, a fallen tree, a ten ton load of concrete―but there were certain things he couldn't fix.

His coffee mug was burning the side of his hand as he glanced up from it, his head tilted in the direction of the cracked door just down the hallway where his daughter's room was. Then, his footsteps were taking him down the short hall, smiling at the blue, little foam stickers that still held on for dear life from when Ronni 'decorated the house with them' back when she was little. The white house was silent, save for the now-working AC blowing through the house, and when Harvey cracked open the door to Ronni's bedroom, peaking his head inside, he felt a little piece of his heart mend.

The small bedroom was not large enough for five people, but the queen bed managed to fit three of them with only a small squeeze. Ronni was in the middle, her bun looking like it had a couple rounds with a bird, and to either side of her were JJ and Kie. The sight itself almost made him laugh, seeing Kie smothering Ronni with half of her body while Ronni laid right up against JJ's chest. It's a wonder the boy hadn't been pushed off the side of the bed by them, but the secured arm he had around Ronni's waist might have been the reason he hadn't broken Pope's face in just yet.

The other two boys were on the floor just below. Pillows and blankets were thrown haphazardly all over the carpet floor, Pope and John B laying in between her bed and her dresser opposite ways, JB's foot only an inch away from going into Pope's nose if he wasn't careful. One or both of the boys could have easily fit on the couch in the living room, there was plenty of space, but Harvey had seen them yesterday. Whatever happened, they all wanted to be close to one another. He assumed it must have had something to do with his ex-wife. He couldn't fix everything, but maybe they could fix each other.

Not even thirty minutes after Harvey left the house to go to work did all hell break loose. Ronni rolled over further into Kie, making the brunette grumble and shove her friend off her, inadvertently pushing JJ away from Ronni and sending him off the side of the bed. JJ landed directly on Pope, who shot up with a loud groan when his gut was smashed in, masked by JJ's yelp of pain at the impact of his shoulder clipping John B's knee. In an instant, all three boys were a heaping mess of distressed sounds on the ground as they all shoved one another.