Addicted to You Part 2

"Oh my god..." Jesse stared at your unconscious body lying on the floor on your side.

"(Y/N) please, no, no, NO! Wake up, wake up..." He ran to you and shook you, but you could barely make out his words and movements now. Everything seemed blurry as you opened your eyes. "Jesse..." you closed your eyes and heard muffled shouting.

When you woke up, you were in the hospital. Jesse was anxiously pacing in the room.

"Baby, calm down, it's alright... I-I'm ok." You tried to calm him down.

"Yeah, but what if you weren't, huh? What then? God, I can't believe... (Y/N), you are in this BECAUSE of ME! How could I let this happen?" Jesse sat down and ran his hands through his hair.

"It's not your fault," you cooed. "Jesse... I-I'm so glad I met you. I-I think I love you."

"I love you, too (Y/N)." His face softened, then hardened up. "That's why I have to protect you from this lifestyle. I'm not losing you."

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"From now on, I am hiding all of it. Hell, I'll buy a safe if I have to. No more. I'm not having this happen again." He looked you right in the eye.

"Jesse, don't be a hypocrite. Don't act like you're not addicted, too!" You retorted.

"(Y/N), I have never OD'd. I know how to handle my shit, alright? I have never passed out and had to be taken to the hospital for it. I waited for you to wake up for almost a whole day. See, the difference between you and me is that I. Wake. Up."

He left the room.

Jesse came back the next day to take you home from the hospital.

"Jesse, I..." You looked at his face while he was driving. Intense, yet thoughtful. "I want to thank you for caring about me and for trying to help."

He said nothing but grabbed your hand with his right hand.

The symptoms were painful. The withdrawal was so incredibly difficult. Sometimes, your whole body would be overcome with chills and tremors, and you'd writhe and shake on the ground. Every day, you had this overwhelming terror in your heart and mind, this anxiety that you couldn't seem to escape. All you seemed to do was lie in bed and sleep, yet you couldn't fall asleep at night. Jesse took care of you as best as he could, but, no matter how much you appreciated it, it still hurt more than anything. Your appetite grew with each passing minute, yet you vomited often. You would sit on the couch for hours at a time, eyes burning, staring at nothing, thoughts running amok in your head.

You spent many days crying over nothing, being weak and helpless, and desperately trying to overcome the vile withdrawal symptoms. At night, your dreams became violent. You would wake up in a cold sweat, heart beating a mile a minute. Everything just felt worse. Life had become gray, losing its color. Often, you began feeling like you should give it all up, just die. But you couldn't do that to Jesse. You wouldn't.

Slowly, things began to feel normal. You went back to work. When your boss, Mr. Fring, asked you about your absence, you just told him you've been feeling under the weather and needed to help support your mom.

The best part was that, through all of this, Jesse supported you. He didn't smoke meth. Well,  not in front of you, at least. He made sure to never talk about drugs or anything related just to help you get through it. You could tell that he really loved you and knew the struggle you were going through.

One night, before you fell asleep, you whispered to Jesse, who was stroking your hair, "I love you." Your eyes were closed as you drifted off. "What?" Jesse whispered back, surprised. But you didn't say anything back. The next morning, Jesse made you breakfast. He wrote with chocolate sauce on the pancake, I love you too.

Jesse told you many stories from the drug world, and you both realized that you needed to get married. Why? They can't force married couples to testify in court against each other. So, you did. And it was wonderful. You even ended up meeting the infamous Walter White, aka Heisenberg, aka Mr. White, at your wedding. You spoke to him a little, and he seemed nice, but like a man with many secrets. You told him that, while you don't necessarily approve of Jesse's "job", you were happy that it made a lot and that you understood where he was coming from. You would stay out of his way and out of his professional life. And you think that maybe, just maybe, Mr. White respected you for that.

You finally got your happy ending. You ended up helping your mother cope through her addiction since you could understand where she was coming from. You and Jesse lived more in the moment than anything else, and you got a dog! You knew that Jesse would end up quitting his drug business in time, and you just had to be supportive through that. But you had the love of your life, and that was all that mattered.