ONE

"WHAT have you done to me?" You seethed, reeling back from Victor's cold touch as he examined you with steely grey eyes. You sat on the edge of the metal slab, like a piece of meat being presented to a dog. His pale fingers danced along the ridges of your skin, a prideful grin glued onto his face.

        "Don't take that tone with me, my dear," His smile dropped as quickly as it came. His hand quickly gripped your wrist, tight enough to leave bruises on your newly rejuvenated skin. He pulled you to him, glaring down at you. "I made you; I gave you the gift of life!"

        His words sent a shiver down your spine.

         Though you might have forgotten everything, a feeling of disgust had started to form in the pit of your stomach. You might not know why, but you were certain that this was wrong. No mere man should have this much power.

        "Now, be a good girl and stay here while I send Igor down with clothes?" His grip on you loosened. You let your arm fall limply to your side, quickly trying to move away from him. Victor didn't wait for your answer and left through an opening in the wall, leaving you alone in the eerie room.

        You took the time you had alone as you awaited for whoever Igor was, to study your surroundings. Surprisingly, despite the dim lighting from the candles and musty scent, the room was quite clean. The dark cobblestone walls were lined with shelves full of odd thingamabobs of all sorts of arrangements. Aside from that, no windows were on the wall, so the only place anything could come in—or out—was through the opening in the wall that Victor had disappeared through.

        Speaking about the man: Everything about Victor Frankenstein was off-putting; From his jet-black hair that had been tied tightly into a sleek ponytail to the dark, unbuttoned waistcoat that hanged off his lean body. His grey eyes were the most unnerving of all; the number of emotions that hid behind was raw and insatiable.

        You hadn't realized that you were trembling. Whether it was from the cold or your fear, you didn't know. Your future was uncertain and your past was lost.

        Minutes had passed since Victor had left, and soon you could hear shuffling coming from the stairwell. A large shadow loomed on the walls, preventing any of the warm glow from the candles to come through.

        "Hello?" Your voice was clearer and it didn't hurt to talk anymore.

        The shadow got smaller as the shuffling quickened. You moved further away from the door, despite your limited mobility. You couldn't walk (well, it was more like you couldn't remember how to walk).

        "H-Hello!" Finally, the shadow disappeared and a body took its place at the entrance of the room. A small boy, who looked to be no older than fifteen (maybe sixteen?), gaped at you. He was short, at least compared to Victor. His pink eyes were large and doe-like. His blonde hair was long, long enough to reach his hips when in a ponytail. In his arms, he held white cloths. He looked completely harmless.

        "You look so...human," He whispered, slowly edging himself towards you.  His eyes gleamed in curiosity as he studied you. Suddenly, he reeled away. A blush rose onto his face as he took notice of your state of nakedness.

        "Here! I brought you your clothes!" He shoved the cloth into your hands quite forcefully. "I'll, uh, leave you alone. If you need help with anything, just call out for me, okay?"

        "...Call out for you?" You asked. The cloth in your hands was really a light cream-colored nightgown with lace detailing. You recognized it, but the different holes made it confusing to know exactly how to put it on.

        "Oh, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself; My name is Igor," And with that, you were once alone.

        You finally stood up for the first time. The blanket fell to your feet as you struggled to stand up straight and keep your balance. You shivered as the cold air hit your [S/C] skin, your [H/C] hair falling onto your shoulders. The nightgown, now in your hands, was like a puzzle. Sighing, you put your head through a random hole and hoped for the best. You definitely needed help.

        "Igor!" You grunted out as you tried to get out of the maze that was your clothes.

        Immediately, Igor scrambled in with a panic in his eyes.

        "Are you ok- oh!" He looked at you, a smile growing on his face.

        "I need help..." You mumbled out, your head and arm popping out of the same hole that was maybe a little too tight.

        Gingerly, he lifted the nightgown, careful to not touch your body.

        "We can't have you looking like a mess now, can we? After all, you are meeting with someone very important," He said. You tilted your head in confusion.

        "Didn't Master Victor tell you? You're going to be meeting with your fiancé!"

꧁☠︎︎꧂

hey y'all, thank you for reading this far! everything from this point on is going to be much longer and interesting! sadly, no update tomorrow since I'm taking the day to plan this story out.

yes, you are the bride of frankenstein. yes, igor is a pretty boy.  this chapter was kind of difficult to write, but that was mostly because im still trying to find my writing style. this mc is also the hardest to write because sometimes i forget shes dead and has like, zero memories. thoughts, questions? please comment anything, even if it's criticism! i love hearing all of your thoughts!!