The Team

"You stopped screaming," Steve said concerned.

"What happened?" Shuri asked sitting next to Aj.

"Well instead of just getting my memories back I relived some of the ones I was still missing." She explained.

"Which ones?" Bruce asked.

"Well first it was the one where Steve, Bucky, and I all went to the lake but I forgot my bathing suit." She and Tony laughed seeing Steve blush at the memory. "And then it was the one where Bucky was taken away to be brainwashed, And then the one where he was teaching me to fight."

"Wait Barnes was your teacher in Hydra?" Tony asked. She nodded her head. "Why the hell didn't he mention that his sister may have been alive?" Tony looked at Steve. 

"Maybe, knowing Steves's track record, he didn't want to say anything knowing Steve would just go looking for her, And maybe he wanted to be the one to find her if you know he was able to figure out if she was alive," Wanda suggested.

"Oh, I probably should tell you this now, We also went on missions a lot together, but because we were brainwashed and usually had masks on we didn't recognize each other," Aj told them.

"Seriously? We'll have to ask him when he gets back," Tony said in almost a whisper.

"When is he getting back?" Aj asked for the third time this week. As soon as she got her memories back about Bucky, she couldn't wait till he was back.

"We've told you before, He's coming back later today." Tony laughed. Over the week he had gotten to know Aj and stopped seeing her as a threat.

"We need to do one more thing," Shuri said walking towards her holding a piece of paper. "I'm going to say your trigger words. ready?" Aj nodded. "Yellow, Paris, blanket, diary, longing, dry, 14, twilight, boat, 3." They waited for a minute but nothing happened. "I think it worked!" Shuri said clapping her hands and running to hug Aj. 

"Great job kid," Tony said coming over and patting her on the shoulder.

"Thank you, Wanda, I'm sorry you had to see what they did." She gave Wanda a sad smile, Wanda came over to give her a hug.

"No need to be sorry, they are horrible people. They hurt me and my brother too, but not as much as you, and I'm sorry about that." She gave a sad smile.

"And thank you Shuri and T'Challa, for coming all this way to help."

"It was our pleasure, but on that note, Shuri, we have to get going," T'Challa said motioning to Shuri.

"Well by all of you. I would like you to know if you ever have any more broken white people that I would love to come to fix them." She laughed causing everyone to laugh as well. T'Challa and Shuri left the medical wing while Wanda and Bruce showed them out, leaving Steve, Tony, and Aj alone in the medical room.

"So, does this mean I can meet the team?" Aj asked looking over at Tony who laughed.

"Kid, you're apart of the team if you'd like, after all its the least I could do after locking you in a room not letting you go outside, or talk to anyone other than us." he smiled when he saw how excited she was.

"Oh my God, Thank you Tony!" she got up and hugged him. 

"Ready to meet the team?" Steve asked leading her out the door. She stopped in the hallway making Steve and Tony look back at her.

"When will I meet them?" She asked getting impatient.

"Well its about supper time now, so now." Tony laughed heading up the elevator with Steve and Aj following.

------------

"Hey, team. Ready to meet our newest Avenger?" Tony said in somewhat of game show host voice. "Drum roll please!" 

"Nope," Rhodey said rolling his eyes and smirking, Clint picked up the slack and started banging 2 fingers on the table. 

"Aj!" Tony said moving out of the way and pointed to Aj who just looked at everyone in silence. "Oh come on say something!" Tony said pushing her towards the group.

"Uh, hi. I'm Aj." She said holding her hands behind her back slowly rocking on her heels.

Suddenly they felt the tower move, it almost felt like an earthquake but none of the Avengers seemed to be phased by it.

"Its just Thor," Rhodey said not looking up from the book he was reading.

"Hello midgaurdians!" someone bellowed from behind them. "Who is this child?" He asked. Aj turned around to see Thor and some other person behind him wearing a lot of black and green, in her opinion, it didn't complement his pale ton at all.

"Why is that child looking at me like that." The man from behind asked disgustedly.

"Loki, Thor meet our newest Avenger," Tony said almost proudly.

"Another? My goodness." Loki laughed making Aj frustrated. Her eyes started glowing icy blue, you could hardly tell but Tony noticed.

"Hey Aj, I didn't know your eyes could glow," Tony said making everyone look at Aj who was as confused as they were.

"I didn't know either." She said

"What can she do?" Thor asked as they all headed to sit down.

"Uh, I don't-" Aj started.

"She can create ice and frost and snow and stuff," Wanda said excitedly. This caught Loki's attention and Aj noticed. He seemed to be closely looking at her which made her uncomfortable. Thor noticed and spoke up.

"Loki, leave the girl alone," he said making Loki finally avert his gaze somewhere else.

"Whatever you say, brother," he responded not even bothering to look at Thor.

"Okay, so you're like Elsa?" Scott asked as he walked into the room with Hope.

"Well, its better than being small enough to squish," Aj responded making the rest of the team laugh including Loki.

"I am very hurt and offended by that comment." Scott fake cried.

"Oh give it up Scott," Hope said while giving Wanda a hug.

"So how long you guys here for?" Tony asked as they sat down.

"Only here for another hour. Hank wants us to head to Germany in the morning. We just came by to say hello." Scott said.

"So new Avenger? What's your name?" Thor asked

"Aj, Barnes." She said.

"Oh like Steves friend from the war, Bucky," Thor responded.

"What about me?" Bucky asked walking towards them, everyone seemed to hold there breathe.