#6 Sid Doubts

After I press "Enter" a window opens, giving me remote access to Timbernook pack's internal server. I had just hacked into the server from my principal's computer.

Ben believes someone in his pack was paid off by someone from Timbernook to get Ben's location on the day of attack. To know who the traitor is Ben wants me to find the recipient of the transaction. Also Ben paid me 500$ in advance for my help.

I'm no MI6 agent and can't hack into high security bank servers. But the security level of Timbernook's server is up my alley.

A copy of the transaction or an email acknowledgement of it, something like that, should be in Timbernook's server.

And as for why I'm sitting on my school principal's chair on a Sunday afternoon? It is because my principal, Mr. *Harry* Hinton, is from Timbernook. So I decided to test my luck and see if I can get his credentials from his office computer to access the Timbernook server.

So far, I've been lucky.

"You got in?" Claire asks from near the door. No one's at the school except us. But just in case she keeps an eye out.

"Yeah. I'm now looking through the emails."

All emails to Timbernook's official ids go through this server. I can access them all. And there's a lot of them.

However, I don't have to look through every single one of them because I found the email I was looking for right away. It leaves me in shock.

Ben gave me a list of potential suspects and their account details. I see one of the account number from that list in this email. The shocking part is the sender. It's sent from the principal's account.

Mr. Harry paid someone at Hill River to snitch on Ben's whereabouts? Why?

"Someone's coming," Claire whispers. I quickly disconnect from the server, delete the access records, and log out of the computer. Claire and I hide inside the room opposite to the principal's office.

Through the window on the door, we see our principal and two shady looking guys get in his office. After they are in, I go out into the hallway to get the hell out of here but Claire drags me to the principal's office door.

I keep quiet so we wouldn't get caught. We hide in front of the door.

"Can you hear anything?" Claire whispers.

I shake my head. I didn't knew principal's office is soundproof. Mr. Harry is beginning to look suspicious.

I put my phone in silent mode, raise it to the door window, and take a photo of the two guys standing beside Mr. Harry.

Then I grab Claire's long hair and pull it to get her attention. I want to leave. She responds better to violence than reason.

We get in Claire's car, which we parked at the back of the school. I text Ben the recipient and sender details, and the photo I took.

Claire calls him. "You know the guys in the photo?" she asks Ben.

"Okay. Let me know if you find anything else," she says before ending the call.

"He knows who they are?" I ask.

"No," she says. "You sure the sender was Mr. Harry?" she asks. I filled her in on what I found on our way to the car.

I nod. "I'm sure. And I think I've seen those guys before," I say.

"Where?"

"I don't know. I don't remember seeing their faces. But what they were wearing, I think I've seen it before."