Chapter 19: Did you just give me a hickey?

Ella guided Luke into her room, closing the door behind them. She turned to find him surveying her belongings. There were sketches hung up on her white walls, and polaroids on the shelf behind her queen sized bed. She had some clothes scattered messily on her chair, and her books were open on her desk. She was thankful for her sketchbook being closed.

Her LED lights were set to a soft blue shade, illuminating everything around them that color.

Luke sat on the edge of her bed, and she wordlessly moved to sit next to him.

"You never answered my text." She remembered out loud.

He sighed. "I know."

"Why did you leave so abruptly after school?"

"I felt angry." He met her eyes. "I don't think I'm good enough for you. After our kiss I was brought back to that reality. But then after school when you wanted to talk about it, you left me. You left to go hug that guy, Terrence."

"Thomas." She corrected.

"Right." He forced out. "Whatever." He looked down.

Ella suddenly understood where his anger stemmed from.

"Were you," She paused, sliding a finger under his chin to lift his head and  look into his eyes, "Were you...jealous?" She whispered.

His eyes flashed and he pushed her finger away. "No. Jealousy is an ugly emotion. I just don't like when you hug other guys. I want-" He stopped talking, as if he regretted what he said.

"You want?" She prompted.

"Nothing." He voiced.

Ella didn't really know what to say. So she said nothing. She moved over and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him close. He stiffened, but then wrapped his arms around her waist, under his hoodie. 

She held his head against her chest for a few minutes, saying nothing.

"What're you doing?" He mumbled into her chest. 

"I'm hugging you." She whispered. She removed her arms, settling them on his shoulders, and pulled back to face him. She couldn't help but notice how his arms tightened around her, not letting her get too far. 

She looked up into his defensive stare in the blue light. "You don't have to be jealous. Thomas and I are just friends." His eyes softened. "And besides, he doesn't even like girls that way." She confided in him. His eyebrows raised an inch and he nodded, his eyes much softer. 

He pulled his hand back and face palmed. "I'm an idiot. I'm sorry." 

"It's okay." She giggled. He pulled her close again, nuzzling into her neck, making her sigh.

They cuddled for a minute before she spoke again. "You don't get to decide if you're good enough for me. You are good enough." She reassured him. "I liked kissing you. And I like spending time with you. If these feelings are mutual, we can just go from there. It doesn't have to be serious or too fast." 

Luke didn't say anything for a while, which made her heart beat steadily faster. "Being with you makes me happy." He finally uttered.

 She let out a relieved sigh. She brushed her fingers through his curls. He lifted his head up, bringing his face half an inch away from hers, his hair was touching her forehead, and his nose was almost against hers. 

"And I like kissing you too." He murmured, not giving her a chance to respond, before his lips were on hers. She closed her eyes when she saw him do the same. He kissed her fiercely, putting in the emotion he couldn't word, into their kiss. 

She passionately kissed him back, parting her lips and sucking his full bottom lip into her mouth. She gently pulled on his hair as she did, making him groan into her mouth. She liked that sound. She could feel heat spread throughout her entire body, even her toes curled as he gently bit on her top lip.

He retracted and pecked her mouth once, before parting his lips and slipping them onto hers, letting her tongue caress his own. His lips were soft and warm and he tasted like sugar and everything sinful. She couldn't get enough. 

He pulled back for air, half opening his eyes, and rested his forehead on hers, looking into her eyes. Her hands were still in his now messy hair, and his were still wrapped around her, pulling them so close together she was almost in his lap. 

"Fuck." He breathed. 

"Fuck." She repeated.

She pressed her lips to his again, feeling them turn up in a smile as he kissed her back with an urgency. As their kissing continued, the music downstairs had stopped, meaning most people had left her house.

"Fuck. You're. A. Good .Kisser." She groaned out between his consuming kisses. 

He pulled back. "So are you." His eyes were dark and on her lips, which she was sure were just as swollen as his were. She pecked them and started trailing soft, closed-mouth kisses across his hard jaw, down his neck. He groaned when he felt her teeth and tongue on the heated skin of his neck.  

She noticed the chain of a necklace on his neck, and pushed it down, pecking close to his Adam's apple.

She bit down softly, sucking on his skin and kissing it, trailing down closer to his collarbone, and doing the same. 

He moaned, but then jerked back, unexpectedly.

He looked at her, bewildered. "Did you just give me a hickey?" She glanced down at the red, soon to be purple marks on his neck and blushed. "Yeah."

"Fuck. That's so hot." He leaned in for more, but stopped when her door flew open. She jumped a solid two feet away from him, watching as Thomas walked in with a devilish smile. 

"Ah! I knew I'd find you two in here." He smirked, his eyes zoning in on three locations in order;  Luke's hair, Ella's lips, and finally, Luke's hickey marked neck. Thomas burst out laughing then. 

Ella scowled. He had ruined the entire mood. "I just came to warn you that Mike is looking for Ella, he's about to come up here any minute. He would be pissed if he found you making out without telling him you're a couple."

Ella gasped, as Luke shook his head frantically. 

"We are not a couple!" He sputtered. She was kind of offended on how hard he emphasized his point, but shrugged it off. 

"Alright." Ella said. "I'll see you later, Luke." She looked at him shyly. 

"Yeah." He smiled. "See you soon." He stalked out of the room, not looking back. 

"HOLY FUCK!" Thomas yelled the second Luke was out of earshot. He grabbed Ella by her upper arms, shaking her. 

"A few hours ago you were telling me you like him, and you've already had a make out session with him? Teach me your ways bitch!" 

Ella laughed. She didn't even know how to answer that, she was still in shock over what just happened.