2. Meeting a Werewolf

Jae-Hwa pov

So is this my end? I thought as the wolf's breath hit my face with more force, telling me it had opened its mouth to bite.

I tried moving but it was no use, it was too heavy.

Is there really no other way for me to save myself? Even breathing was hard when such a heavy thing is on you.

I struggled to move again, just then I heard another rustling sound coupled with another growling.

The wolf was heaved off me as I took a deep breath. I turned around to see another wolf, this one with white fur, fighting the wolf which was trying to kill me.

I watched with astonishment as the brown wolf lunged for the white one, probably wanting to pin it down. The white wolf moved just in time dodge it. The brown wolf growled and turned around, facing its opponent. The white wolf lunged and grabbed the brown wolf's neck. The brown wolf was kicking around everywhere, struggling to get itself out of the other wolf's grasp although the white wolf was hardly affected by its struggles.

SNAP

The brown wolf stopped kicking. Its body limp in the white wolf's grasp. The white wolf released the other wolf, which fell on the ground lifeless.

I-is it dead?

I kept staring at the brown wolf, checking for any signs of life.

There weren't any.

I lifted my graze to see the white wolf staring at me. It's light blue eyes looked so beautiful and they complimented its glistening white fur perfectly. Slowly, it took a step closer to me.

That's when I snapped out my trance. It's still a wolf! Dammit, Jae-Hwa!

I tried to get up and that's when a searing pain shot up in my leg. I yelped and fell down. I looked down to see my left leg bloodied. That wolf must've bitten me...that's why I fell that time. Great, just great, now I can't even run.

I looked at the wolf to see it had stopped moving forward. It had stopped, and now was looking at my bitten leg.

I can't let my guard down. I thought while looking around for something which I can use as a weapon.

To my distress, there was nothing near me. I spotted a stone, but it was almost 2 meters away from me.

No way I will be able to grab that without moving my leg.

I glanced at the wolf and saw that it was looking it the same place where the stone was. It then turned its gaze towards me and lowered its head.

What does that mean???

It slowly took another step towards me.

"D-don't come near me!" I shouted with a shaky voice.

It stopped again.

It can understand me?

It stretched its head, pointing at my injured leg. I could hear its whimpers. I gulped, still unsure what to do. It lowered its head more if that was possible. It then raised one of its front legs and looked at me. After seeing that I said nothing, it took a step further.

As soon as it came close enough to me, it licked my leg, causing me to flinch. It didn't bother the wolf and it kept licking. After a few moments, I could see the marks of that wolf's bite disappearing.

How...is that even possible? Unless...this is not just a wolf...

It lifted its head as my leg was completely healed. I just admired the beauty of the wolf for a few seconds.

"Thank you...for saving me and also for healing me," I said while putting my hand on its head, patting it while it just sat there calmly, eyes closed.

"Are you...a werewolf?" I asked the question which was roaming around in my head.

It opened its eyes in an instant and stood up, causing me to retract my hand. It looked at me for a few more seconds before starting to take steps backwards.

"Wait!" was the only thing I could say before it sprinted inside the forest.

So it could understand me...and it definitely is a werewolf. Why would it run away otherwise?

I stood up and checked my left leg, it was totally healed.

That werewolf did a good job at healing me. Wow...I never knew reading so many werewolf stories would benefit me someday.

I started to walk towards my apartment.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I picked my book when I reached the edge of the forest. So awesome, I saw a real werewolf today! A smile making its way on my face.

I entered my apartment to see my friend laying on my couch. "Oh, hey you're home!" he said greeting me.

"Yeah," I replied, closing the door and contemplating whether giving him my extra house keys was a good idea.

I kept my book on the table in front of the couch as he got up in a sitting position.

"What happened to your left leg? Your pant is literally ripped there." He said putting his phone on the table.

I sighed and flopped myself on the couch. After coming home is when I realized how tired I was. "Leave it, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm fine, Kwang."

"Yes it does, what happened?" he asked, his full attention on me.

Defeated, I told him about the incident. But I left the part about me finding out that at least one of them was a werewolf. I also didn't include the part about me getting injured and just said that the wolf ripped my pant, because if I had included it then I also would have had to explain how my leg is healed now.

Kwang patiently listened to my story.

"So...this wolf that saved you...you say it had white fur?" he asked, rather seriously. It was very rare that he got serious about something.

"Yeah, it did," I replied, "Why would you ask that tough? Who cares what coloured fur it had?"

He leaned back on the couch and said solemnly voice, "Cause, such a nice wolf shall always be remembered."

I laughed and playfully punched his arm.

"Okay, I am really tired so I'm going to sleep. You can eat whatever you want," I told him and stood up and started to walk towards my room.

"You didn't have to tell me, I was gonna eat anyway," I heard Kwang's voice as I closed my bedroom door.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N pov

I hope you don't get pulled into any mess Jae-Hwa. Let's hope that this will be the first and last time you ever see that werewolf.

He said as he laid back down on the couch.