3. Another Incident

A/N pov

Nothing interesting or memorable happened after that incident. Jae-Hwa was quite unsure about going into the forest again. But she still wished to see that werewolf again and wanted to ask him so many questions. By the size of the werewolf, she had a feeling that the werewolf was a male.

The stories which are written about werewolves, are they true?

How did you become a werewolf?

How many of your kind are there?

Her brain kept creating more and more questions as she sat on her bed. She kept stroking her hair with her fingers while she silently cursed herself for her crappy luck.

She had been watching the forest edge from the bedroom window and even sat near the forest for a few hours every day with a book to pass the time, but she never saw that white werewolf again.

This is crazy. She stood up.

At this rate, I will never get to see that werewolf again.

Should I tell Kwang and ask for his help in finding the werewolf?

But...I have no proof that the white wolf was actually a werewolf. And even I am not 100% sure that it was a werewolf.

Just then, she heard a knock on the front door. She walked out of her bedroom and saw through the peephole to see 3 men standing right in front of her apartment.

Upon opening the door she asked politely, "Yes? Can I help you with anything?"

Two of the men looked at the one who was standing in front as if waiting for a response from him.

"It's her."

Before she could say anything more, a napkin was smashed right on her face, covering her nose and mouth.

A scream left her mouth but it just came out as a muffled whisper. The man had a firm grip on her mouth. The strong smell coming out of the napkin was suffocating her.

He had grabbed her hair using his other hand and was harshly pulling it, to restrict her movements.

As a reflex, she had grabbed his hand with the napkin by her both hands and tried to remove it, but his arm didn't even budge.

He pushed her inside her apartment.

Her vision had started to get blurry.

They're trying to make me unconscious!

She tried kicked and moving her arms in an attempt to free herself, but none was successful. As she put all her remaining strength in pushing the man's arm away from her, she could make out a figure opening her apartment door and coming in.

Even though her vision was blurry, she could still tell that the figure was Kwang's.

Soon enough, Kwang had got an idea of the situation and Jae-Hwa could make out Kwang fighting with the other two men.

It was all darkness after that moment.

-----------------------

"Y'know what? I actually believe that woman," Kwang's voice made Jae-Hwa come out of her head, "he isn't going to leave you here."

After hearing no response from the girl, he asked something else.

"So...how are you dealing with all of this? Y'know...the whole werewolf thing?"

"Oh, it's awesome! I loved knowing that I am the mate of an alpha, and because of that their enemy pack has captured us. And to top it off, my friend had been a werewolf the whole time! How amazing is that?!" She replied, sarcasm heavily dripping out of her mouth.

"How did you expect me to tell you? 'Oh, by the way, I am a werewolf, a ferocious predator.'"

"If you're so ferocious, can't you somehow break us out of here?"

His chains clanked as he pulled on them. "No can do...these things are specifically made to make sure werewolves can't break out of them."

"Ugh! What are they even gonna get out of this?!"

"Isn't it obvious? They will use you to control the Alpha of the White Claw Pack. You are their ultimate ticket to take over that pack."

So they will capture a person who never did any harm to them and then use that person to blackmail another Alpha.

"Why do they want to control the other pack? I mean, is there another reason than the fact they want to become more powerful?"

"I don't know much...all I know is that the White Claw Pack and Blood Moon Pack have been on war with each other. Been hearing about that for as long as I can remember."

Then a sudden thought hit her, "How did they...even know I am that Alpha's mate...?"

"One of the members of the Blood Moon Pack must've seen you that day when you went into the forest."

"But still, how did- Wait...you mean that white werewolf was that Alpha?!"

"Yup...I automatically knew that it was him when you mentioned the colour white. It is a very rare colour in this region."

"This is just plain horrible now..."

---------------------------

They both had stopped talking as tiredness took over them. It was extremely hard for Jae-Hwa to try and get some sleep while in a sitting position.

She glanced at Kwang's place to see him sleeping peacefully, unbothered by the dirty cold floor.

I guess werewolves don't mind sleeping on the floor.

She closed her eyes again. Kwang was the only reason she hadn't gone insane till now. Even when they both were captured and locked up, he still was calm about it.

No...more like he was used to it...no one is calm while being held captive.

That's when another thought hit her

Which pack are you from, Kwang?

-----------------------------

After a lot of attempts, sleep had finally engulfed her. But a creaking sound was enough for her to come out of her slumber. She glanced at Kwang to see him alert too. His eyes were focused on the small window in the cell.

She also looked in the same direction as him to see a pair of hands appear in the window, clutching its bars.