Chapter 3

EMILY'S POV:

I sorted almost everything in the house by the time of dinner. I didn't mind skipping lunch as I was not so accustomed to it. As I was finishing up my eyes land on the photobook that I haven't seen in a while and was not planning to see it anytime soon. I was just not ready for it. Shaking my head I placed it in the back of my closet. Seeing that I was exhausted I just ordered takeout and decided to eat it while watching Netflix. After dinner I changed into my pjs and drifted off to sleep.

I was tied to the headboard and my puffy , bloodshot eyes were covered by a mask. I heard a sinister chuckle that sent shiver down my spnie. "Not so feisty now, are you darling?" the voice that belonged to the man who was supposed to be my father spoke. I gulped out of fear fully knowing what was coming my way due to my fucking smart mouth but kept my cool. I felt his hands trailing up my leg and onto the buttons of my shorts. "no,no,no,please no!" I began trashing on the bed but that seems to set him off. "SHUT UP YOU LITTLE SLUT! NEVER TELL ME NO!!"he shouted and slapped me across the face. The stinging sensation brought tears to my eyes. "Now, you'll be a good girl and do as I say, Understand?". I don't reply due to the lump forming in my throat. He suddenly gripped my throat and said through gritted teeth,"I said, Do you understand?". I meekly nodded due to lack of oxygen. I inhaled a huge puff of air as soon as he stopped choking me."When I ask you a question, you answer! You Bitch!" He yelled. It was always like this small things tend to tick him off. He started taking off my shorts and shirt. Then he slipped his fingers in my underwear and started to take it off. "NO!NO!NO PLEASE! I BEG YOU! NO!NO!NO!"

I woke up panting and sweating due to the nightmare I just had. It was always like this despite of therapy they didn't go away so I just accepted them but it wasn't easy to wake up almost every night a crying and screaming mess. Anyway, I glanced at the and saw it was five thirty in the morning so deciding not to sleep I went to the bathroom and did my business. As I came out I decided to go for a run to distract my mind of things. I quickly changed into my running attire and left the house.

I plugged in my headphones and decided to listen to Sledgehammer, one of my favorite songs

I plugged in my headphones and decided to listen to Sledgehammer, one of my favorite songs. During running I was so lost in my thoughts that I suddenly crashed into a hard chest and stumbles backwards and fell on my ass. "Shit" I hiss as I feel pain on my bottom. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry." The person in front of me said. I look up and instantly recognized those emerald orbs that I saw yesterday. "Here, let me help you" he said offering his hand. I took his hand and got up. "I apologise, I wasn't paying attention", I said to Harry. He shakes his head while smiling as a sign that he didn't mind. I returned the gesture while just realizing that my headphones have disconnected and Sledgehammer is now playing on full volume. "Nice choice", Harry said while smirking. I blushed out of embarrassment and turn off the music. "Do you always run this early in the morning?" he asked sounding intrigued. I shurgged and said,"not always, just needed a bit of fresh air to clear my mind." "Oh, is everything alright?"sounding concerned but I know better than that to believe it. "Yeah,just first day at work, kinda nervous." He smiled at me and said," Well no need to stress I'm sure you'll do great." " Thank you", I said feeling gratified. "By the way, where do you work?". I smiled and replied," Vogue". That seemed to catch him off guard. "Oh wow congratulations, It hope your first day goes well." I just smiled. Seeing I was running out of time I said, "Well I better get going, don't wanna be late"."yeah sure no problem." We said goodbyes to each other and went our separate ways. I don't know why I just didn't ignore him. He was radiating off a warm aura that I seemed to like. Not dwelling on it much I reached my house. I showered and got ready. Wanting to look professional I wore my white dress pants with a white tank top and a white blazer and kept my makeup minimal. I paired my outfit with black stilettos.

 I paired my outfit with black stilettos

^^^ HER OUTFIT^^^I grabbed a granola bar and rushed to the door with my clutch in one hand and keys in other

^^^ HER OUTFIT^^^
I grabbed a granola bar and rushed to the door with my clutch in one hand and keys in other. I hurriedly locked my door and stepped towards my car. "Good day, Emily", someone said beside me and was surprised to see Harry with a smile on his beautiful face.

wait! what?
did I just say beautiful?
control your thoughts Emily!! I mentally scold myself.

Snapping myself out of my subconsciousness I paid attention to him.He was standing in his driveway in smart black suit pants but what caught my eyes were his rainbow shoes. They were quite bold for him to wear but for a reason he seems to be pulling that off.

I smiled at him and replied,"you too" by cheekily adding "quite the pair of shoes you are wearing

I smiled at him and replied,"you too" by cheekily adding "quite the pair of shoes you are wearing." He looked at his shoes and laughed and said."should I be concerned about that coming from a fashion expert?". I just shook my head and replied."not at all. I think you can pull them off." I said before I could stop myself. He smirked and cheekily said,"I know". I laughed and waved at him, he waved back and stepped into his car. I aslo got in my car and left for the start of first day of my new and improved life. Whole ride I was thinking about my exchange with Harry and had a nervous giddy feeling inside me. I noticed his eyes crinkle when he grinned at me earlier. Ridding myself from my thoughts I focused on driving and reached the Vogue office and parked my car.
.
.
.
.
Hey lovelies!!!
Sorry for delay, I was lacking inspiration. Hope you like it. Please Vote and Comment how you feel about the chapter.

Love, Esha❤️