Daffodils 🌼

I was not born in 1989, October the 1st. Not like the other kids. I was born in 1940. I've been staying with Reginald for quite some time.

I mostly only stay for the children. However, they have a nanny named Grace. I'm not too worried about her- mostly because she's a robot. But also because, she's my friend.

However when the kids got here, and they started growing up, they started to call me, mommy. However, they called Grace, mom.

I got a little jealous but at the same time, they were all closer to me. Sure, Grace could cook but I'm better at everything else. I know how to cook too-I follow a family recipe.

I was the happiest mother any mother could ever be. My children were off saving the world and I was home. Keeping the house clean with Grace. And reading with Pogo. But I mostly love being there for Vanya.

I had a big garden of daffodils. They were my favorite. Reginald planted them all for me. By hand.

The kids hate him but that's only because he shows his cold side to them. He could be a great man but I hate how he treats my children.

  *Years ago*

"Nietzche once said 'Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the superhuman. A rope over an abyss. It is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting." Reginald read.

We were at the top of the stairs with Vanya, she was supposed to blow a whistle. The children were 13 years old by now. Reginald wrote down in his book that he would never let me read.

Right as I nod at her, Vanya blew the whistle. And off my lovely's went. Running up the steps and pushing through each other. As much as I hate it when they are mean to each other, Reginald says that they need this.

"As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to of its own accord you must also remember that there is no individual stronger then the collective."

I see Five space jump to the top and I feel so proud. As they all noticed that he did, Diego shouts,"that's no fair, he's cheating!"

"He adapted." Reginald says.

"The ties that bind it together, make you stronger than you are alone."

As he makes it to the top, I smile and congratulate him. I hug him,"You did wonderful, my beautiful. I'm so proud." I kiss his cheek. He smiles proudly. "Thank you, mommy." They still call me that. Even if they are teens.

-

The kids were all getting tattoos. I don't like it one bit but Reginald says that they will need it when the time comes. I roll my eyes.

First is Luther. He tries to act tough but as I am a mother, I can see right through him. I walk up and hold his shoulders. I couldn't grab his hand because he broke it last time because of how stress he was in. As I do this, I see him visibly relax.

Next was Diego. He was always reluctant towards me. But he still called me mommy and I still love him. He was flinching at every movement. Grace tried to comfort him but he just moved his arm from her. She looked hurt and backed off. She looks at me and smiled sadly.

Then Allison. She started crying and I quickly walked to her and held her hand. She was still crying but squeezed my hand.

Krause was the easiest to calm. He was crying too but he slowed down as I turned into a bird. I landed on his leg and his left arm reached out and petted me. He smiles a little and sighs in pain.

Ben was harder. I tried to hold his hand but the monsters would smack me away. So I tried to hold his shoulder but it happed again. So I just sang to him quietly.

Unknown Object

Elle sort de son lit
Tellement sur d'elle
La seine, la seine, la seine
Tellement jolie elle m'ensorcelle
La seine, la seine, la seine
Extralucide la lune est sur
La seine, la seine, la seine
Tu n'es pas saoul
Paris est sous
La seine, la seine, la seine

Je ne sais, ne sais, ne sais pas pourquoi
On s'aime comme ça, la seine et moi
Je ne sais, ne sais, ne sais pas pourquoi
On s'aime comme ça la seine et moi

Extra lucille quand tu es sur
La seine, la seine, la seine
Extravagante quand l'ange est sur
La seine, la seine, la seine

Je ne sais, ne sais, ne sais pas pourquoi
On s'aime comme ça, la seine et moi
Je ne sais, ne sais, ne sais pas pourquoi
On s'aime comme ça la seine et moi

Sur le Pont des Arts
Mon cœur vacille
Entre deux eaux
L'air est si bon

Cet air si pur
Je le respire
Nos reflets perchés
Sur ce pont

On s'aime comme ça la seine et moi