Old Age

Kids. They haven't called once. I love them all to bits but damn, could they not visit? Once? Finally, the day came to where Reginald has died. I am so sad. But at the same time, at least my children are coming to see me.

Well, most of them. When Five left it broke my heart. I cried and wailed. Same with Ben. My babies were gone and I couldn't do anything.

Luther was the first to show. I ran over to him and hugged him. He hugged me lightly. "My precious! Are you okay? Is there actually aliens on the moon?!" I ask with excitement. He laughs and says,"Mom, I'm fine but it feels different without dad. And no. There is no life but me, on the moon." I frown. "Aw man." I look up at him,"Your father would be proud." I grab a chair and kiss his cheek. He leaves to his room.

A knock came at the door and Pogo went to go answer it. I sat on the couch and waited. Finally, Klaus walked in. "Klaus! My little dare devil! Why haven't you called? And ew! What is that smell? Death?"

He looks at me,"Well that and..." He mumbles a bit. I hit his head and say,"Speak up! You know I hate it when you kids did that."

"Drugs mommy! I do drugs and I drink." I roll my eyes. "Well I could have told you that! I do drugs and drink too. But you do it for a better reason than I did." I laugh. He laughs with me.

Then Diego walks in. I smile and hug him with all my strength. He smiles and breaths in my scent. "Still planting your flowers, mommy?"

I smile with tears in my eyes,"Yes, my angel. You know, once I die, I'm going to turn into a daffodil." He laughs at me and says,"I'm going to unpack. Hope you feel okay." He leaves.

But I don't. I feel old and weak. I know that I'm having trouble with my hip and walking. Breathing sometimes stops and I need to take my pills. And I'm having a hard time getting up. I once fell and it took both Reginald and Pogo to pick me up.

I knew I was dying but I couldn't tell them. Not yet.

Then suddenly I feel the house shine again. I look over to the door and see Allison. I smile and walk over,"My ray of sunshine! Look at you! I just knew that it had to be you walking through the door. The world needs more sparkle like you."

She smiles and says,"Hi mommy. I missed you so much. I'm sorry I didn't visit enough. Or call. I'm just so busy."

I shake my head,"Non sense. I love you no matter what. You nor anyone can take that away."

She hugs me again then Vanya opens the door. "Vanya... I didn't think you would come." Allison says.

"Me either. Hi mommy." She looked so sad. I walked over to her and stared her in the eye. "Vanya... my joy... I am not getting old." I say as to recall what she said about me in her book. It wasn't a lie but it did bring back memories. She had tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry mommy." I smile and hug her,"I know. I know, my joy. I love you so much. You are so brave and beautiful. No matter what your father said. You were always powerful. Not ordinary. You are so special. That- that you don't even see it yet." I kiss her forehead and walk into the kitchen.

I look at the bread and make a peanut butter and sandwich. I lay it on a plate and cover it. Then put it in the fridge. I throw out the old one and put that one in.

I've been making these for 16 years. At the same time everyday.

And I go and pray at Bens statue. So he can watch over his siblings.

-

I noticed that it was time for my nap. Pogo came in and reminded me. I nod my head and turn to my children.

"I'm going to take a nap. No one wake me or you will have to do chores. You're not grown fully yet. You're never old enough for punishment. Look at me for example. I'm old.... because I broke my clock..."

Klaus runs over to me and holds my hand,"You're not old mommy. And you still look young and beautiful." I smile and hug and kiss all their cheeks.

-

I woke to the sound of a song that I knew by heart. My little children would blast this song just to piss off my husband.

"You kids!" I smile and shake my head. I go down stairs and see Vanya dancing.

Then I go to the kitchen and get a glass of water and my pills out. I'm about to take them when there was this strange blue light outside.

My pills flu and crash into the wall. I start to go out side when I feel my back go stiff.

I fall and land on the floor. I groan and just try to wait it out. Then I see Luther run into the kitchen. He spots me on the floor and helps he up. "Mommy, are you okay?"

"Yeah, sweetheart, take me outside." He's about to disagree but then I give him a look at that starts to get him listening.

We all go out side with Luther still supporting me. I couldn't hear anything. I see my kids lips moving but I can't see anything besides trees on the other side.

"Out of the way!" Klaus says as he throws a fire extinguisher 🧯 at the portal.

I know that blue...

They all start bickering but again, I can't hear anything.

"Get behind me!"

"Yeah, get behind us!"

"I vote in running."

Boys...

I see Luther and Allison holding hands. I close my eyes and pray to Reginald.

You owe me money when I get there, bitch.

I open my eyes and am greeted with an old mans face in the portal.

I tilt my head and then see it's a young boy. The body falls and faceplants into the ground.

"Does anyone see little number five or is that just me?"

Five...

"Shit."

"Language..." Then I faint.