How can I love ?

Links POV after calamity

I saw her turn towards me her eyes shimmering with happiness.  Next thing I know, she had thrown herself into me hugging me tight.
I stumbled back in shock.  She quickly released me and stepped away. Bowing her head and regaining her composure.

I saw the light in her eyes dulling as she held back tears. She hid it well yet I saw pain under the mask of happiness. I could see how tired she was. I felt sadness slowly creeping into my heart, I couldn't remember her I saw how it drained her. I have let her down when she needed me the most.

*sigh
"Come princess, you need rest."
She nodded her head not making eye contact.
I carefully put my arm around her waist and pulled her close. I felt the why her body stiffening under my touch. Guilt was consuming me as we teleported to Hateno village.

Later.....

I allowed her to sleep on my bed. I of course slept downstairs on my traveling mat.
From my spot on the floor I could hear her silent sobs. I couldn't help her with what she needed. How could I love her if I barely knew her?

A/N
had a thought in the middle of the night. Idk if this will become a full story. (Probably not but you never know XD)
Don't ask why this isn't in the one shot book bc I don't know XD I might move it there later if I doesn't become its own book, but I'm to lazy do it right now. Please give me feed back on the start of this story. I will try to post more on my other story, I know I've kinda been procrastinating writing I'm really sorry, I've been working on getting better on not doing that. Kinda running out of conflict ideas please help. Also random question to other writers and fans alike, how come there isn't more shy link story's? Do y'all not like him being shy????
Ye this A/N is probably long enough bye!
-Lilly out
(Oof almost spelled my name wrong XD)