Chapter 3

-2 months later; Iwaizumi POV-

(Y/N) and I basically became best friends in 2 months. I felt like I could count on her for anything. We won against Karasuno but lost to Shiratorizawa again.

I know she is hiding stuff from her past, but I don't mind. They're her secrets to tell and I shouldn't pry into her life when we've only known each other for 2 months.

We became best friends sure, but I started to have feelings for her. Oikawa told me if I wanted to date her to wait until she turned 18. I only have to wait for another week.

Besides, it gives me more time to find out if she actually likes me back. She's told me bits and pieces of her past so I think she's starting to trust me.

I wait for her outside like always until she comes out. I immediately felt something was off when she came outside. One, she was wearing a jacket during July, and two, she seemed terrified and upset.

I walked with her as far away as possible from her house. When we were far enough I hugged her, "Are you okay?"

She hugged me back and broke down, "No." We were sitting on a bench as she cried on my shoulder. "I'm scared."

I pulled her face up and wiped her tears away, "I'm here okay, you don't have to be scared. I'm always going to be here for you."

She looked at me her eyes were somewhat hopeful but filled with doubt. "Hajime, I have to tell you something." I urged her to continue, "I-I r-really like you."

I smiled and hugged her, "I like you too." She hugged me back, "I have one question though." She looked at me confused, "Why are you wearing a jacket in July?"

She froze and rolled up her sleeve showing bruises and cuts, but not from her. The lines aren't the same as when you do it to yourself. "My dad came back 2 days ago."

I felt my blood boil and I tightened my fist, "I'm going to beat him up if I ever see him." I looked over to her, "Come with me."

"What?" She was confused.

I held her hands, "Come and live with me, my parents would love to meet you and we have an extra room no one ever uses. I just don't want you to stay in a place that puts your life in danger."

She nodded, "Okay, I'll go and live with you Hajime. But, they'll come for me."

I placed my forehead against hers, "They'll have to kill me before I let them take you." She looked at me straight in the eyes. I caressed her cheek and she leaned into my touch, I closed the gap between us and pulled her in for a kiss.

It lasted less than a minute. It was sweet and simple. She smiled, "Well, there goes my first kiss. But, I'm glad it was you."

I smiled at her, "You're my first too." Both of us had pink tinted on our cheeks.

She looked at me and then at the time, "Both of my parents should be gone to work, I can get my stuff and leave." I nodded and went to her house. She was right and we emptied her room as we took her stuff to my house. My parents gladly let her stay. In less than 2 hours her necessary supplies were at our house, everything else was left behind.

We decided to skip weekend practice and stay at my house. (Y/N) was asking if she could help with anything and my mom told her just to settle down.

She went to her room and I went with her. She just laid there looking at the wall. I went next to her and hugged her from her waist. She cuddled closer and let out a huge sigh, "I feel calm and happy. I never had that before."

I hugged her tighter and had my face buried in her neck, "I'm glad." Our phones started ringing and vibrating. "We probably shouldn't have skipped practice."

She giggled and answered the phone as I whispered 'why.' She giggled and picked up the phone, "Hello."

The phone was bombarded with questions. "(Y/N) where are you?"

"Why didn't you pick up the phone?

"Are you okay?"

"Is Iwaizumi with you?"

She snickered, "Guys we're fine, we just skipped practice today." I started to remove the phone from her hand, "Hajime let me finish."

I talked with them, "We're fine now stop calling and texting I nearly threw my phone out the window. Bye." I hung up on them.

She turned around to look at me and pouted, "Really?"

I smirked and kissed her forehead, "What, you prefer being interrogated rather than spending time with your boyfriend?"

She stopped to think about it and grinned, "Nope." She kissed me and I gladly kissed back. Now we had a brand new problem, her parents.