Chapter 6

-Your POV-

It was Wednesday and I am finally 18. Technically I turned 18 yesterday. I got to go back to school and Tooru promised to give me my first set.

I got dressed and walked to school with them. They were worried about my parents so all the third years pitched in to keep an eye on me. Maki sat next to me in 2 of my classes, Matsu was in every one of my classes, Iwaizumi was in 4 of my classes and Tooru was in 3 of my classes.

Matsu was the one who kept an eye on me the most since we had every class together. So far so good.

It was time for afterschool practice. I couldn't wait to spike the ball. I changed into gym clothes and went to the gym. Hajime smiled and Tooru called me over.

I received the ball and sent it to Tooru. I got a running start and Tooru got ready to set. It's like he read my mind I jumped high, I think I almost jumped over the net. I spiked the ball so hard it bounced against the wall back over the net. "That felt amazing."

I turned to a bunch of shocked guys. Hajime walked over to me, "You are amazing."

I giggled and kissed his cheek, "I know."

He smirked and hugged me from behind, "Doofus." I smiled.

Maki shook his head, "Get a room."

The rest of the guys just laughed and I pouted, "Maki." We left the gym and Tooru, Hajime, Maki, Matsu, and I walked home together. Maki and Matsu split ways with us. "Hajime, that's mean."

He shrugged his shoulders, "What, Oikawa is annoying. I thought you agreed."

I shushed him giggling and Tooru whines, "(Y/N)-chan, Iwa-chan you guys are so mean."

We laughed and Hajime put his arm around me. I stopped cold when I felt eyes on me. "(Y/N)?" Hajime shook me, "(Y/N), what's wrong?"

I turned around and I found my parents with evil smiles. "Hi, sweety."

I started backing away as Hajime and Tooru interfered. My dad pulled out a gun and I screamed, "Please don't!"

Hajime and Tooru seemed unfazed. "You can point all you want, but I would rather die than let you take her."

I grabbed his shoulders, "Hajime, please, just let me go, I don't want you two to die because of me." I was crying.

Tooru was ticked off, "Sorry Cuz, but we won't let them take you. And you two won't get out of here without a lesson."

My parents laugh, "Aww, Tooru you sure are like your mother. And you Hajime I don't know what you see in our pathetic, weak, and useless daughter."

My eyes widened at my mom's words. She was always the one who was protective of me and the one who defended me. She was harsh, but I thought she cared. "H-how ca-can you say that?"

She scoffed and laughed, "I can say that because it's the truth. I always had to defend you and act protectively. You couldn't do anything yourself. We had to leave because they called the cops on us when you decked your captain. You've been nothing, but an anchor around our necks. To be honest, I should've aborted you when I had the chance."

I was left frozen I could barely stand. Hajime and Tooru looked infuriated. Hajime balled up his fist and shouted at them, "What is wrong with you? Your daughter is the strongest, most unique, smartest, and amazing girl I have ever met. She's the love of my life and I would never hurt her as much as you are right now."

I felt relief when he confronted my parents. The fact he called me that I wanted to kiss him. My cousin couldn't keep his thoughts to himself anymore. "Mother was right, you are the most pathetic human being I have ever met. (Y/N) is the best person and cousin I've met. I'm glad I was born to be her cousin, but I am ashamed to be related to you and your husband."

My dad chuckled, "Too bad kid, you're stuck with us. (Y/N) either you come back with us or I'll kill your cousin and your beloved boyfriend."

"No, you won't." I looked over and Maki and Matsu were there with the police. "You've hurt our friends for the last time."

My dad was thinking. He decided to drop the gun and the cops arrested them both. My dad chuckled, "Even if it takes a few years. We'll be back and you can't hide from us."

I shook in fear, but both Hajime and Tooru hugged me. "It's okay." Hajime kissed my head.

I went back to his house and the rest of the guys left me alone. Hajime stayed by my side and refused to leave. I ended up falling asleep next to him.

-Iwaizumi POV-

She fell fast asleep. Her cheeks were still wet from the tears. I'm just glad they're gone. I kept on hugging her as she cuddled into my chest sniffling.

I fell asleep too with her. I knew I wanted to be with her, I wanted to protect her for the rest of my life. "I love you."

I woke up and she was still asleep. I moved the locks of her hair behind her ear. She woke up and she smiled at me, "Hey."

I smiled back and kissed her forehead, "Hey."

She snickered, "You missed." I smirked and kissed her it only lasted a few seconds. "That's more like it." She hugged me and buried her face in my chest again.

I chuckled, "I'm surprised you can still smile. But, I love it when you do."

She kissed my cheek, "You're the only reason I need to be happy."

We went to the gym in the afternoon and the entire team surprised her. "Welcome back, (Y/N)!"

She grinned, "Thanks a lot, you guys." The team went for a group hug. She was being squeezed to death, but she was too happy to care.

Oikawa leaned on my shoulder, "I have to say Iwaizumi, you made her so happy. I have a question for you." I hummed in response, "How much do you love her?"

I smiled as I looked at her happy with the team, "I wouldn't be able to put into words how much I love her."

He smirked, "Good. Because if you hurt her, I'll kill you."

I smirked and hit his head with a volleyball, "I'd like to see you try."

He pouted, "Iwa-chan you're so mean."

One thing's for sure.

-Both-

We were both lucky to have found each other.