Chapter 1

It’s been four years since the plague consumed most of the population. The world has turned into a wasteland. What once was beautiful and unique now is either ruble or is taken over. The person responsible for the plague is Mason Anderson, a local drug lord. Mason had created the drug in an abandoned warehouse outside of town. The drug is called ACID. He spent years perfecting the drug to the way that he wanted.When he finally got the drug perfect he sent it out into  my beloved city Chicago. Soon after the drug was sent out  people started to difference in the people they loved and they began to die. There were signs that lead to the death of them. 

There is five stages of the plague: 

   First you start to foam at the mouth and begin to breathe heavily.Next, your eye’s turn this red blackish color. Then, you start to lose your memory of family, friends.Then,the drug was giving people enhancements in speed. Where you couldn't catch them or defend yourself from them.Finally,the person hits a breaking point in their mind and the only thing that they think or want to do is kill you and anyone else around. The only thing that they wanted was more drugs and they would do anything to get them.Ultimately, they turn into a mindless zombie.  We call them the Intel’s.

 It was something me and my brother came up with when younger. Me and my twin brother have been fighting these things since we were about 15 years old. We used to fight them with our family but since my dad and my older brother and a camp trainer left camp one night when we were sixteen on a food and supply run and never came back we learned to defend ourselves. Our mom was about to give birth to my baby brother at home and they were in a rush to get back home when they got cornered by some of the INTEL’S. My brother fought off two of them when the third one came behind him and bit his neck. My dad was shot by a misfire from my brother's gun when he collapsed and the gun fell out of his hand. The trainer made it out alive and ran back to camp but when he got back he was surrounded by horror. Our mom passed away after giving birth to our baby brother and soon after our mothers passed our baby brother passed away also.Since our doctor died from a heart attack two weeks ago me and brother were the only ones there to look after my mom and deliver the baby. Our mom had a complication that she was losing too much blood. When it came time to deliver my little brother our mom had already passed. Our little brother didn’t live long after. There was too much fluid in his lungs and he couldn’t breath. All that I have left now is my brother now.

But over the years we came to realize that there were only a few people in the world that were not affected by the drug. There are only three ways to get the disease. One,by taking the drug. Second, by being bitten and Third, by having their blood on an open wound. We made it our mission to find and help these people. 

Landon was the first guy and only guy that me and my brother have  come across. We had been walking down a road for miles. We came across a conventie store called Marty’s and More. The place looked like everything else abandoned and ransacked. The windows were busted and the door’s were ripped from their hinges. There was a bullet hole everywhere in the walls. As we began to walk closer to the building we heard rustling inside the building.

 I pulled my gun from the holster on my leg and had it pointed at the building ready to fire.My brother pulled his sword that was slung over his shoulder and was ready to strike anything in our way. As we got closer to the building the noise got louder. Me and Liam began to walk inside as I went to the left he went to the right to checkout what was going on inside and what was making the noise.As I got to the back of the store I saw that the supply closet was cracked. I signaled my brother that the door was open. As I slowly opened the door. I could hear the old hinge squeak as I continued to  open the door. I had my gun pointed and my finger on the trigger ready to fire. When we opened the door me and my brother were both ready to attack expecting a lost INTEL. But, instead we saw a man and he had his weapon pointed at me. The first thing that I saw was that he had crystal blue eyes and he was wearing a bulletproof vest.