𝐭𝐰𝐨: team effort

WHAT A FEELING
02: TEAM EFFORT

WHAT A FEELING02: TEAM EFFORT

        NOVA NEVER realized that sitting down on her butt all day would be so exhausting

        While the rest of the team went out on the field, kicking down doors and catching bad guys, Nova was glued to her chair, looking over all the files they had on George Foyet. She never realized she would have to give up her rights to go out of the office to help Hotch, but to be completely honest, she just agreed to everything he said and signed where she was told to. Turns out, one has to read all the legal documents they sign. Who would have thought?

        The headquarters at Quantico had become Nova's second home those last few days. The bullpen was her new living room and her desk, her new sofa. Oh, how she hated her desk. It was a wooden prison, keeping her there, away from all the action. She never thought she would prefer to be on a shootdown with an unsub than to be comfortably sitting behind an endless pile of files but there she was, restless, and ready to flip the table in front of her.

        Fortunately for her, being stuck inside the offices all day allowed Nova to get to know her new coworkers better. With her ability to speak loudly and exude more confidence than she should, she had managed to click with the team. She felt comfortable talking to Morgan and Prentiss, who seemed to enjoy how her presence had influenced their team dynamics.

        Whenever they came back from a case to do countless hours of paperwork, their attention drifted to Nova, who thrived in their company, soaking in their energy and letting it out in the form of snarky comments. Their laughs illuminated her dull days at Quantico, radiating her with the warmth she missed during her lonely stays at the office.

        Nova had always been a hurricane, with her constant need to engage everyone in jokes and be the beating heart of every conversation. She fed on the chaos of human connection, feeling alive when submerged in a crowd. But she wasn't always this raw extrovert that needed to be around people all the time, she also had a softer side. When she felt she was too loud, Nova was able to turn her dial down, allowing her to connect with the quietest of people.