𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: true or false

WHAT A FEELING
03: TRUE OR FALSE

WHAT A FEELING03: TRUE OR FALSE

        OUTSIDE IT was dark, the dense icy grey clouds blocking out the last rays of sunshine of the day

        OUTSIDE IT was dark, the dense icy grey clouds blocking out the last rays of sunshine of the day. They struggled to keep up with the burden of their weight, and soon enough, they gave in. The rain began to fall, slowly at first, but it then it started to lash down, pouring down over the streets of Quantico mercilessly.

        The pounding of heavy raindrops against the window filled the silence and, suddenly, a streak of silver parted the sky, followed by the loud boom of thunder. Nova involuntarily flinched, since she wasn't used to the violent sounds that came with thunderstorms. Hotch didn't seem to mind them, as he sat on his chair, flipping through Nova's files quietly.

        It had taken her a while, but she finally had a working theory. After a lot of sleepless nights behind her desk, Nova had been able to put together a preliminary profile. Her detailed papers now were in Hotch's hands, who was reading them with a seemingly blank expression. He wasn't affected by their contents, or at least he wasn't showing it, and that worried Nova. There was nothing good written on those files.

        "Good work," Hotch finally broke the silence in between them, making Nova look away from the window and face him. She waited for him to continue talking but instead, he just put away the papers inside a Bureau folder. Nova furrowed her eyebrows. That man was unbelievable.

        "That's it? I just told you that Foyet has targeted you as his new nemesis and that's all you have to say?" Nova felt her voice raise involuntarily. His apathy angered her. "He's coming after you."

        "Maybe that's what I want," he said, and Nova let out a bitter laugh in disbelief. "We can't find him. Our best shot is letting him come to me. We will let him think he's won and he'll make a mistake."

        "What if he doesn't?" she crossed her arms.

        "He will," Hotch looked her in the eye, trying to reassure her. His actions only made her angrier, and she narrowed her eyes at him. He sighed, breaking apart their tense staring contest. "It's late. Go home."